Review of Dragon Ball: Evolution = "A Painful Step Backward"

Discuss about animation, books, cinema, music, television shows, or anything else that is related to media.
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator
Input the current year: 1592

Review of Dragon Ball: Evolution = "A Painful Step Backward"

Post by Yoon »

The live-action Dragon Ball: Evolution movie is now out in East Asia and some of the first reviews of the movie are coming out. Unfortunately, it appears that my concerns about the movie were right on, as initial reviews paint a "not-so-rosy" picture of the movie. Here's an excerpt from the Korea Herald on Dragon Ball: Evolution:
But if you're a big fan of the Dragonball franchise, or have fond memories about the 42-volume manga series, you are strongly advised not to watch this, the first-ever silver screen adaptation.

Watch it at your own risk. The risk being that you might set out to find the seven "dragonballs" and ask the mysterious dragon to remove what you have just seen from your memory.

One of the mysteries surrounding the film is its bold and misleading subtitle, "Evolution." Considering its crude computer graphics, a disoriented plot and ludicrous dialogues, the big-screen adaptation is not an evolution, but a painful step backward.

Source: The Korea Herald - (MOVIE REVIEW)'Dragonball' - a painful step backward
The American theatrical release of DB: Evolution is a month away.
Hadvi
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)
Input the current year: 1592

Re: Review of Dragon Ball: Evolution = "A Painful Step Backward"

Post by Hadvi »

ouch, that sounds very bad. Ill just download and watch it XD. I dare to watch it.

Show me what it's like, to be the last one standing~~
And teach me wrong from right, and I'll show you what I can be~~
And say it for me, say it to me~~
And I'll leave this life behind me~~
Say it if it's worth saving me~~