Super Bowl XLII

Discuss about animation, books, cinema, music, television shows, or anything else that is related to media.
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator
Input the current year: 1592

Super Bowl XLII

Post by Yoon »

Another year, another Super Bowl! This year, it's New England Patriots vs. the New York Giants!

Date: Sunday, February 3, 2008

Contestants:

AFC Champion
: Image New England Patriots

NFC Champion: Image New York Giants

Winner: New York Giants
Final Score: 17 - 14

Hmm, this year, I'm going with the New England Patriots. Why? Considering that they have a perfect season record this year, along with the fact that they've already won three Super Bowls in the past seven years, there's very little to doubt that the Patriots could win it this year. Of course, that's not to rule out the New York Giants entirely, who could possibly upset the Patriots in this year's Super Bowl.

Anyhow, vote for the team that you think will win in this year's Super Bowl!
Last edited by Yoon on February 4th, 2008, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coni
Level 19 (Poison Spore)
Level 19 (Poison Spore)
Input the current year: 2009

Super Bowl XLII

Post by Coni »

Patriots going to win

enuf said
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

Super Bowl XLII

Post by Jaegar »

lol that was funny. I love it when the underdogs pull it off. I don't think I heard anyone predicting this at all. Of course, I don't listen to football talk that much.
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator

Super Bowl XLII

Post by Yoon »

Wow, the NY Giants upset the Patriots big time. o.O A lot of people were expecting the Patriots to win this Super Bowl.

Anyhow, this Super Bowl was a pretty great game. For the first three quarters, there wasn't much scoring going on, sitting at 3-7 with Patriots leading. However, things got hot in the fourth quarter, with Patriots and Giants swapping places for lead, with some nice plays. A lot of people thought the Patriots got it with that touchdown before the two minute warning, but the Giants came back to score a touch down with less than a minute left in game time.

Great game, despite the Patriots losing.
KillerSmo
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)

Super Bowl XLII

Post by KillerSmo »

I just hate the 1972 Dolphins... I want them to stop saying that they are perfect...
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

Super Bowl XLII

Post by Jaegar »

rofl! That's the exact opposite of what my dad was saying. He didn't want the giants to win because he doesn't like them or something, but he wanted the patriots to win less because he didn't want them to have a perfect season XD