Warhammer: Age of Reckoning

Discuss topics that relate to computer and console gaming, or gaming in general.
Lozal
Level 37 (Mummy)
Level 37 (Mummy)
Input the current year: 1592

Warhammer: Age of Reckoning

Post by Lozal »

War is here...
I have recently played the Open Beta of the new MMO Warhammer. I must say it's very fun. The best way to describe it is WoW, but group based PvP combat (slower than WoW's PvP) and no OMG grind fests. I really like this game and encourage people to try it. If you have a chance to play it, both me and my bro are on the Order side on the server Todbringer.

I will post some more data when I have a chance.

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

Re: Warhammer: Age of Reckoning

Post by Jaegar »

Nifty. What in particular is fun and how does it set itself apart from other MMOs?

Is the combat fun? Some form of interesting world to discover? Lots of nifty loot to collect? All of those are things I enjoy and WoW didn't satisfy my desire for them. What little WoW I played bored me to tears >.<
Yahoo
Level 64 (Golden Thief Bug)
Level 64 (Golden Thief Bug)
Input the current year: 2009

Post by Yahoo »

Here is one questions I would like to get answered.
How much? xD
I dont like to play a game that I need to pay to play
RO IGNs:
Daefas - Warlock
Daedr - Arch Bishop
Lozal
Level 37 (Mummy)
Level 37 (Mummy)

Post by Lozal »

Jaegar wrote:Nifty. What in particular is fun and how does it set itself apart from other MMOs?

Is the combat fun? Some form of interesting world to discover? Lots of nifty loot to collect? All of those are things I enjoy and WoW didn't satisfy my desire for them. What little WoW I played bored me to tears >.<
Combat is very fun. Unlike WoW all classes in WAR are viable in RvR, all healers can dps well, but not as well as pure dpser's. The world is not as big as WoW's yet...opposing fractions are near each other but not too close for comfort. Not too much loot to collect, however there is a cool feature called "Tome of Knoledge". The Tome collects data from monsters you kill and players you've killed and you can get rewards like exp, titles, and tactics. One of the features I like is the Rank (level) and Renown (PvP rank). There is only 40 Ranks to get to the max., but there is 80 Renown ranks for you to get to.
Lozal
Level 37 (Mummy)
Level 37 (Mummy)

Post by Lozal »

Yahoo wrote:Here is one questions I would like to get answered.
How much? xD
I dont like to play a game that I need to pay to play
WAR is a Pay to Play game and I think it's $13 per month. I'm not to sure on that since it's not technically out (head start for pre-order people).