Smash Bros. Online Session Sometime This Week? [Oct-Nov 08]

Discuss topics that relate to computer and console gaming, or gaming in general.

What day for Smash Bros.?

Wednesday, October 29
33%
Thursday, October 30
33%
Saturday, November 1
17%
Sunday, November 2
17%

Total votes: 6

Yoon
Administrator
Administrator
Input the current year: 1592

Smash Bros. Online Session Sometime This Week? [Oct-Nov 08]

Post by Yoon »

After moving in to my new place, I've been playing a lot of SSB: Brawl online lately. However, it kind of gets boring playing with no-name random players that you can't even communicate with. Since it's been a while since we've had some online SSB: Brawl matches, I think we should get a online session scheduled sometime this week, maybe either Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, or Sunday. It'd probably be during the evening, between 7-11 PM Central Time.

Players that have the EU or the JP version of SSB: Brawl can also participate, as I have been told that the US, EU, and JP versions of Brawl can all connect and play online against each together. Make sure you post your friend code in the Super Smash Bros: Brawl - Friend Code Directory thread if you have not done so already!

Since we've got our TeamSpeak server, we could use that for chatting during matches, which would be a lot better than the in-game taunt lines. :lol: Regarding lag, since Brawl is really sensitive to Internet bandwidth, make sure that your Internet connection is fast and stable (i.e. No torrent or large file downloading during Brawl matches..! :roll: ). If you have the Wii LAN adapter, it will really help reduce the lag issues; I've noticed an improvement in online Brawl matches once I got the LAN adapter.

Vote for the day(s) that would work out for you and post a preferred time (i.e. 7-11 PM).
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

Re: Smash Bros. Online Session Sometime This Week?

Post by Jaegar »

Finally! Something happening I can participate in ^_^ I can make it during the week. One class Wednesday evening so I'd be a little late that day but it's all clear Thursday. I have plans for the weekend so I can't make it either of those days =/

I'll see what I can do about getting TS to the room with my Wii. My laptop should do the trick now that I think about it :D

edit: TS is working ^_^ if anyone wants to help me test it I'll be sitting around with it on for an undetermined amount of time
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Yoon »

Awesome! :D Right now, it looks like I can show up on Wednesday and Thursday night. However for Wednesday night, I might show up a little late, probably around 10 PM - 12 AM Central Time. I'll be available earlier in the evening on Thursday night though.

Smo won't be showing up, since he said that he doesn't have Internet at his new place (yet). Still trying to get TomTom and ashwinz to join in on the fun.
Hadvi
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

Post by Hadvi »

I could only play on saturday or sunday. but then again, I have no lan adapter and my connection laggs as hell /swt.

Show me what it's like, to be the last one standing~~
And teach me wrong from right, and I'll show you what I can be~~
And say it for me, say it to me~~
And I'll leave this life behind me~~
Say it if it's worth saving me~~
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Yoon »

I'll be online again tonight, probably around 9 - 10 PM. Ashwinz says he'll be online around that time too.
Deity
Level 53 (Gremlin)
Level 53 (Gremlin)

Post by Deity »

I want to take someone on. I wanna see how good you guys are :>