Killzone 2 *o*

Discuss topics that relate to computer and console gaming, or gaming in general.
phyxius
Level 59 (Sea Otter)
Level 59 (Sea Otter)
Input the current year: 1592

Killzone 2 *o*

Post by phyxius »

Yeah, for the ps3 owners out there (including me), february 27 will be a great day because Sony would be Releasing Killzone 2, a FPS that had set a new standar (that's what the reviews say) for graphics on a console

the graphic, lightning, AI, and physic engine is amazing let me give you some reasons that explain why:

-Solid 30 Fps at 1080i (yes, that's the max, not 1080p tho :( ) even when there's more than 40 actions on screen there's not frame rate drop (that's something you have to see to believe, altought this gifs are in slow motion, you can download the demo on the PSN) =

-Excelent 7.1 direct sound (no compresion)
-Everything in this world have they own physic, meaning that everything will respond to your bullets (well, not everything) everytime you shoot an enemy they won't die the same way
-The enemy is smart, they take cover, blind fire, throw granades to take you out of where you are hiding, help their allies, get around you, attack fierce, climb ladders, all in differents ways!!! try the demo and you will see what i'm talking about!!
-Normally, a game have max 4-5 light sources to make shadows (that include crysis)...well...killzone have around 215 lights on the first level, and there's a zone on the game when there's 320 lights in action :shock:
-The multiplayer is amazing, i was on the beta and dude, it have the same graphics and the same stuffs (when normally, a console game take down the graphics in online to make sure that works properly), and is pretty dinamic!!

So, try the Demo right now, and then go pre order the game, you won't regret this!!
Hadvi
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

Re: Killzone 2 *o*

Post by Hadvi »

25 february for me /gg

Show me what it's like, to be the last one standing~~
And teach me wrong from right, and I'll show you what I can be~~
And say it for me, say it to me~~
And I'll leave this life behind me~~
Say it if it's worth saving me~~
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Yoon »

Looks tight. :o

I'll have to check out the demo.
Hadvi
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

Post by Hadvi »

its awesome O_O. in fact, I have played the demo several times, because it was so awesome XD. The graphs and the AI system rock O_O.

Show me what it's like, to be the last one standing~~
And teach me wrong from right, and I'll show you what I can be~~
And say it for me, say it to me~~
And I'll leave this life behind me~~
Say it if it's worth saving me~~
phyxius
Level 59 (Sea Otter)
Level 59 (Sea Otter)

Post by phyxius »

Hadvi wrote:25 february for me /gg
You suck, you know...even when is only 2 days i'm already uber jelous "¬¬
Yoon wrote:Looks tight. :o

I'll have to check out the demo.
I would like to see your impressions mike, since you are a FPS fan like me and you have a lot of experience in PC in this kind of games, download the demo!!
Slayer
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Input the current year: 2009

Post by Slayer »

may i ask what do you mean by lightsource?
the way that guy dies by bomb is funny :D
PSN:ChaoticCrusader
MSN:darkcronical@live.co.uk
phyxius
Level 59 (Sea Otter)
Level 59 (Sea Otter)

Post by phyxius »

Slayer wrote:may i ask what do you mean by lightsource?
the way that guy dies by bomb is funny :D
Lighting is the most important part of any graphical asset in a video game. Without proper lighting, even the most high definition textures and carefully modeled polygon characters/environments will simply look like crap. Lighting is what makes these beautifully designed games come to life.

There are just TWO types of lighting possible: direct and indirect. Each have their own sub-categories like soft, harsh, diffused, etc. But there are ONLY two! It's the mixture of these two which can provide a truly visceral experience.

Killzone 2 uses a multitude of lighting effects applied in real-time on a situation-by-situation basis. This is by far the most complex and impressive lighting engine created for a console video game. Everything you see in Killzone 2 is made possible by the lighting engine. If you turn it off, you will simply have a black screen - this is VERY important to remember. Most video games do not use this type of lighting because it's not only difficult to code - but uses an enormous amount of processing power.

i got that somewhere, but is a very good explanation of what i'm talking about