Fallout 3 the broken steel exspansion

Discuss topics that relate to computer and console gaming, or gaming in general.
Slayer
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Input the current year: 2009

Fallout 3 the broken steel exspansion

Post by Slayer »

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Broken_Steel#New_features this is by far the best fallout exspansion you can get and its reccomended for all its features such as
max lvl cap lvl 30
new perks *including one that revives dogmeat as a puppy when it dies*
more weapons *including a morter like weapon and the tesla cannon
more armors *only one mentions atm is hellfire enclove powerarmor but it also says new armors at the side*
BUT MOST IMPORTENTLY is when you finish the game you continue the game from the reactior *apart from if you left it and it blew up *option 1 doesent kill you and you wake up 2 weeks later at the cathedral and option 2 i guess has no redioactive water but almost everyone dies*
another thing thats good is all your quests you did before it will make a diffrence in the exspansion apparantly *mabey if you give the dying thing to that tree the forest is dead?*
all i know is im gonna get this since it looks good :D
PSN:ChaoticCrusader
MSN:darkcronical@live.co.uk
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator
Input the current year: 1592

Re: Fallout 3 the broken steel exspansion

Post by Yoon »

The new expansion for Fallout 3 looks interesting. Too bad the DLC's currently broken for PC users. :(
Bethesda is having a hard time getting Fallout 3 downloadable content out the door lately. According to Shacknews, the third DLC pack for the post-apocalyptic role-playing game—entitled Broken Steel—came out for the PC and Xbox 360 earlier today. However, a number of PC users have been unable to install it.

To elaborate, Shacknews says the PC version of the $10 DLC can throw up an obscure error message during installation: "Not a cryptographic message or the cryptographic message is not formatted correctly. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8009200D)." Bethesda claims this problem has to do with Games for Windows Live digital rights management, and it's pulled the pack from the Games for Windows Live Marketplace as a result. Microsoft is purportedly working on a fix.

When it actually does install, Broken Steel should let players continue Fallout 3's single-player campaign after the original ending. You can join the Brotherhood of Steel and fight the remnants of the Enclave.

Incidentally, some Fallout 3 players also faced disappointment in March when Bethesda released the second Fallout 3 DLC pack, The Pitt. Shacknews then reported that the Xbox 360 version was filled with glitches to the point of being unplayable. The game world was even littered with floating exclamation marks. (Thanks to TR reader Stuart for the tip.)

Source: = http://www.techreport.com/discussions.x/16865
First, the Pitt expansion for XBox360, and now Broken Steel for PC. Bethesda really needs to do a better job of beta testing before releasing these expansions out onto the market. :roll:
Slayer
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Input the current year: 2009

Re: Fallout 3 the broken steel exspansion

Post by Slayer »

the best bit about broken steel are some of the items and perks *some perks are so useless i mean whod want to not be addicted to alchohole?* but some of them *like almost perfect* and quantum chemist and of course puppies are some very good ideas of perks. what dissapoints me is the lack of achivements *oblivion which i still think is the best game on xbox live for addons* had about 500 more gamerscore compared to the 150 added on this one
PSN:ChaoticCrusader
MSN:darkcronical@live.co.uk