Y-Corner Ragnarok Online Practice Server (BETA v2)

Introduced in 2002, Gravity's MMORPG, Ragnarok Online, has grown significantly in popularity in many parts of the world and continues to grow.
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator
Input the current year: 1592

Y-Corner Ragnarok Online Practice Server (BETA v2)

Post by Yoon »

Y-CORNER RAGNAROK ONLINE PRACTICE SERVER (BETA v2)

Image Image Image Image

Client Download Link (6/05/2009): Download

It's that moment that all of you have been waiting for... the Y-Corner RO Practice Server is now online! Now WTF members have a practice server of their own, to better prepare themselves for PvP and WoE on real RO servers.

Like the previous Forgotten Practice Server, YC RO gives players access to most of the GM commands, so that they can experiment with character builds, skills, PvE/PvP/GvG/WoE tactics, etc. The Dominating Twins Bot Team also makes a return from TFPS, and are tougher than before! I have added many new DT custom mobs to the original four. Like the original four, their skills and AI are derived from Bio Labs' mobs, and may be unbalanced. If you feel that the bots are too weak or strong or need their skills adjusted, please let me know so that I can alter their stats and behavior. Over time, I plan on adding additional DT custom mobs to the server.

Since WoE practice is important, I have replaced all of the regular monsters in all of the WoE 1.0 castles with the DT custom mobs, so that it feels (somewhat) like attacking a castle in a real WoE event. Since the DT custom mobs are strong, you may want to enlist the help of some of the DT custom mobs by using the @summon command. Be warned, however, that monsters will ignore summoned monsters and will always go after you instead. There is also a new Enchanted Emperium NPC, which will allow players to practice breaking the emperium.

Since the YCRO Practice Server is beta, expect to see a few bugs. I will try to fix some of the bugs as time goes on. If you notice a specific bug that is not listed here, please post about it in this thread, so that I may take a look into the issue.

As this practice server is intended for Y-Corner members exclusively, if you see anyone suspicious on the server, please either post here or contact me. Feel free to offer feedback and tips on improving the practice server. Enjoy!

Connection instructions and detailed server information are listed below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SERVER INFORMATION
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Status: ONLINE
Server Hardware Specifications:

Motherboard: J&W MINIX-780G-SP128MB
Chipset: AMD 780G
Processor: AMD Athlon X2 5050e @ 2.4 GHz
RAM: 4096 MB DDR2 667
Integrated Graphics Card: Radeon HD 3200

CONNECTION INSTRUCTIONS

1.) Install the latest full kRO / Sakray client. Please note that the server requires clients that support Episode 13 content. You can download the kRO & Sakray clients from RateMyServer.net. Please note that YCRO is NOT compatible with the iRO client, or any custom RO clients for private servers.
2.) Update the kRO / Sakray client to the latest version.
3.) Download the YCRO client file.
4.) Extract the contents of YCRO.zip to your Ragnarok Online installation folder. (default installation folder is C:\Program Files\Gravity\RO)
5.) Run "YCRO.exe" to connect to the server.
6.) To register an account, type in your desired account name, followed by a "_M" (for male characters) or a "_F" (for female characters). Enter your desired password on the password line. (NOTE: Please use a different account & password than you normally use on other RO servers! This is highly recommended for security reasons.)
7.) Play!

USEFUL COMMANDS

* @lvup <amount> : Increase your character's base level by a given amount. [DISABLED]
* @joblevel <amount> : Increase your character's job level by a given amount. [DISABLED]
* @job <value> : Change your character's job.
* @skillsall : Gives your character all the available skills for their job.
* @str <value> : Increase your character's strength by a given amount. [DISABLED]
* @agi <value> : Increase your character's agility by a given amount. [DISABLED]
* @int <value> : Increase your character's intelligence by a given amount. [DISABLED]
* @luk <value> : Increase your character's luck by a given amount. [DISABLED]
* @vit <value> : Increase your character's vitality by a given amount. [DISABLED]
* @dex <value> : Increase your character's dexterity by a given amount. [DISABLED]
* @item <itemid> : Creates an item and places it in your inventory. (Check RateMyServer for item IDs.)
* @storage : Opens your storage.
* @itemreset - Remove all your items.
* @gstorage - Opens guild storage
* @refine <equipment position> <amount> : Refine your equipment.
* @repairall : Repairs all of your equipment.
* @dropall : Drop all of your items.
* @party <party_name> : Create a party.
* @guild <guildname> : Create a guild.
* @guildlvup/@guildlvlup <# of levels> : Raise Guild by desired number of levels
* @guildrecall <guild_name/id> : Warps all online characters of a guild to you.
* @partyrecall <party_name/id> : Warps all online characters of a party to you.
* @go <location> : Warps you to the designated location.
* @heal : Fully restores your HP and SP. [DISABLED]
* @speed : Alters the speed of your character.
* @raise : Resurrects all characters on the server.
* @raisemap : Resurrects all characters on the map.
* @hide: Hides your character and is invisible to monsters and players.
* @save: Saves your current point as your restore point.
* @kami : Broadcast a message across the server.
* @agitstart : Begins War of Emperium.
* @agitend : Ends War of Emperium.
* @pvpon : Enables PvP on the current map.
* @pvpoff : Disables PvP on the current map.
* @gvgon/@gpvpon - Turns GvG on on the current map
* @gvgoff/@gpvpoff - Turns GvG off on the current map
* @killmonster: Kills all monsters on the map.
* @summon <monsterid> : Summon a monster to assist you.

AVAILABLE DOMINATING TWINS CUSTOM MOBS

* KillerSmo (BOT) : @monster SMO / @summon SMO
* Yoon Huh (BOT) : @monster YOON / @summon YOON
* TomTom (BOT) : @monster TOMTOM / @summon TOMTOM
* Moonlight Dust (BOT) : @monster ANGIE / @summon ANGIE
* Jaegar (BOT) : @monster JAEGAR / @summon JAEGAR
* DemonMagician (BOT) : @monster DEMON / @summon DEMON
* ghalleon (BOT) : @monster GHALLEON / @summon GHALLEON
* bujinkanwarrior (BOT) : @monster BUJI / @summon BUJI
* MoneyMakeR (BOT) : @monster MONEY / @summon MONEY
* OpiumSeller (BOT) : @monster OPIUM / @summon OPIUM
* ryomn (BOT) : @monster RYAN / @summon RYAN
* Rokoti (BOT) : @monster ROKOTI / @summon ROKOTI
* Guhosutsubenu (BOT) : @monster BEN / @summon BEN
* Toninho (BOT) : @monster TONI / @summon TONI
* Mighty Raufje (BOT) : @monster RAUFJE / @summon RAUFJE
* HomingBird (BOT) : @monster HOMI / @summon HOMI
* The Heal (BOT) : @monster HEAL / @summon HEAL
* Dark Falco (BOT) : @monster FALCO / @summon FALCO
* DeityLinkiroth (BOT) : @monster DEITY / @summon DEITY
* phyxius (BOT) : @monster PHY / @summon PHY

KNOWN ISSUES

* Since the server is using the latest SVN from eAthena and the fact that the server is quite new and has undergone limited testing, there are bound to be several bugs.
* Summoned monsters are ignored by regular monsters and will not attack them.
* Only a few hair styles, colors, and clothing palettes are available.

NEWS

6/05/09: YCRO Server has been updated to the latest eAthena SVN version, which includes several new Episode 13 monsters, as well as access to the Midgarts Expedition Camp, Manuk, and Splendide maps. Players will need to have the latest Sakray version which includes Episode 13 content, as well as the new YCRO client file. The new YCRO client file can be downloaded from the link above. Please note that if you do not update your Sakray client, you are pretty much guaranteed to CRASH, so please update your account!

In preparation for the Y-Corner PvP Tournament, previous accounts have been temporarily deleted, but will be restored after the conclusion of the tournament. Those who are accessing the server will need to re-register for an account. When registering, please use a different password you normally use for logging in on normal servers, as a safeguard for any security leaks.

Several GM commands have also been disabled, due to the upcoming tournament, so that combatants will not be tempted to cheat or use non-legal characters. In compensation for the loss of @lvup, @joblevel, and various stat commands, rates have been set to 1,000,000,000x for exp. and job. and 100x for items/cards. With rates that high, you should be able to hit LV99 within 5-10 minutes. :lol:

The Midgarts Expedition Camp has been set for the location for the Y-Corner PvP Tournament. It has been enhanced so that most of the typical NPCs (warp agent, styler, job master, platinum skills, card remover, etc.) have been re-located there. Several shop NPCs have also been setup to provide most of the Ragnarok Online weapons, armor, and other items to players free of charge.

10/10/08: YCRO Server will be offline until next Tuesday, as the server will be re-located.
10/07/08: Various DT custom mobs' skill bugs were fixed, which include corrected cast / after-cast delay times (particularly Dark Falco (BOT) and DeityLinkiroth (BOT), as well as some of the custom mobs not using certain protection skills appropriately.
10/05/08: Several DT custom mobs' skills and stats have been re-adjusted. DeityLinkiroth (BOT) and phyxius (BOT) are now available.
10/04/08: Several DT custom mobs have been added, which include OpiumSeller (BOT), ryomn (BOT), Rokoti (BOT), Guhosutsubenu (BOT), Toninho (BOT), HomingBird (BOT), The Heal (BOT), and Dark Falco (BOT). These new DT custom mobs, along with the previous DT custom mobs, now populate the WoE 1.0 & 2.0 castles as castle spawns. The previous DT custom mobs' stats and skills have also been adjusted. The YCRO client has been updated to fix some minor translation issues (i.e. skill descriptions). Please download the new client and replace the older client files with the newer one.
9/29/08: Dominating Twins custom mobs stats have been fixed. All of the mobs were still labeled ghost type, making them difficult to hit. I have also adjusted their stats to reflect WoE penalties, making them much more easy to handle. Also, the "MoneyMakeR (BOT)" DT custom mob has been added!
9/28/08: The Y-Corner RO Practice Server is now online!
Slayer
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Input the current year: 2009

Re: Y-Corner Ragnarok Online Practice Server for WTF!

Post by Slayer »

i found out a few commands on test server last time too
@homlvl (insert lvl here)
@homintimacy (insert number here) i think its called homintimacy i dunno
nice one yoon ^^
PSN:ChaoticCrusader
MSN:darkcronical@live.co.uk
Tarquin
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

Post by Tarquin »

Whenever I attempt to open my skill list, the game crashes with the gravity error handler. Any idea why that happens?
Demon
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

Post by Demon »

^The problem I keep telling you, UPDATE KRO AND SAKRAY ;_; They updated the skill window a while ago...But then you should get error in Raije too../hmm Just update xD
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Yoon »

Yep, just make sure kRO and Sakray are up to date, since the server uses the kRO / Sakray September 2008 data files.
Tarquin
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

Post by Tarquin »

My sakray is 2008, but my kRO just refuses to patch, it keeps erroring in the middle. Although, if it errors on YCRO, shouldn't it error on Raije too?
Ghost B3N
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)

Post by Ghost B3N »

test server is awesome mike.

id have some toughts that are worth looking into

- first i was wondeirng do the castle bots respawn automaticly?
- i also think they are far to hard XD (they all cast sight when you are near. and there are to manny i think. to simulate a normal woe. tough if we beat this we can beat annything XDD)
- and can there be a castle warper somehere just for easyness.
- also i think theyr flee is to high, i was using 50 str and missed almost every char even the LK's
but in woe flee is nerved so i should hit annyone on 50 flee @.@

- also id like to test my dmg on the emp. but now you cannot see dmg in woe. can this be changed, so we can see our dmg. (maybe even a emp somewhere in a town. just for dmg testing or something? @summon emperium doesnt work)
- and last i was wondeirng if we could have the quest skils also apear when using @skillsall

Im not trying to be anoying or annything. the test server is great and AWESOME !
but i think if we can look into these things it would make the test server even better <3

Edit:
i also wonderd if it is posible to get some command to link yourself?
for sinx it can be quite helpfull since link doubles your Sonic blow Dmg.
and now i cant realy test it unless i have someone else link me.
ImageImage
iRO character:
LuckyRanger- archer- level 30 ish
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Yoon »

Thanks, glad you are enjoying it. :D In response to your questions:
- first i was wondeirng do the castle bots respawn automaticly?
Yes, as long as the castle has not been taken by a guild. All the normal spawned monsters have been replaced with the bots. I will try to do the same with the WoE 2.0 castles.
- i also think they are far to hard XD (they all cast sight when you are near. and there are to manny i think. to simulate a normal woe. tough if we beat this we can beat annything XDD)
The bots are definitely tough if you try to take them on as groups, but should not be too difficult to take out one-on-one. The sight-casting is probably overkill, which I will be fixing in the next update. I can also reduce their spawn numbers in the castle, but then the castles might be too easy to take. I deliberately put a high number of bots in order to reflect a crowded castle on a crowded server that has very few castles.

If you're serious about taking a castle on YCRO, it is highly recommended to work with others; with the right party, the bots are easy to take out. Soloing a bot castle is probably unlikely, unless you have god-like stats.

- and can there be a castle warper somehere just for easyness.
All the warper NPCs in all towns have the ability to warp to castles.
- also i think theyr flee is to high, i was using 50 str and missed almost every char even the LK's but in woe flee is nerved so i should hit annyone on 50 flee @.@
I can reduce their stats even further, but since I have already applied all the WoE damage reductions on them, the bots might become way too easy.
- also id like to test my dmg on the emp. but now you cannot see dmg in woe. can this be changed, so we can see our dmg. (maybe even a emp somewhere in a town. just for dmg testing or something? @summon emperium doesnt work)
This is a client related issue and something that I am hoping to implement eventually. I miss those WoE damage numbers too.
- and last i was wondeirng if we could have the quest skils also apear when using @skillsall
I will try to get this implemented, or at least, put in a Platinum Skills NPC.
i also wonderd if it is posible to get some command to link yourself?
for sinx it can be quite helpfull since link doubles your Sonic blow Dmg.
and now i cant realy test it unless i have someone else link me.
I'll try to see what I can do.

Feel free to let me know what needs to be fixed, as I would like the server to be useful for everyone that uses it for practice.

In another announcement, the YCRO server will be down this weekend and part of next week, since I will be moving.
Tarquin
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

Post by Tarquin »

OK, I got it patched and it looks great! Props to you mike! 1 thing however, you might want to reduice the vit of the bots. Since it counts as a monster, acid demonstration does too much damage to it and it becomes too easy to kill it.
Demon
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

Post by Demon »

How about making all bots Ghost 1 property so they'll take only 25% dmg from neutral. Also boost their HP/defence please, HP should be 10~25k depending on class, defence 50~75.
Slayer
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)

Post by Slayer »

could there be a few guardians in the castle too like a castle who has bought them has?
try @summon 1288 for emp?
PSN:ChaoticCrusader
MSN:darkcronical@live.co.uk
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Yoon »

The server will be up this weekend, since my move has been delayed to next weekend. :(
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Yoon »

10/04/2008 Update:

Several DT custom mobs have been added, which include OpiumSeller (BOT), ryomn (BOT), Rokoti (BOT), Guhosutsubenu (BOT), Toninho (BOT), and HomingBird (BOT). These new DT custom mobs, along with the previous DT custom mobs, now populate the WoE 1.0 & 2.0 castles as castle spawns. The previous DT custom mobs' stats and skills have also been adjusted.

The YCRO client has been updated to fix some minor translation issues (i.e. skill descriptions). Please download the new client and replace the older client files with the newer one.
Coni
Level 19 (Poison Spore)
Level 19 (Poison Spore)

Post by Coni »

Great job Yoon /no1
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Yoon »

Thanks! :D

10/05/08: Several DT custom mobs' skills and stats have been re-adjusted. DeityLinkiroth (BOT) and phyxius (BOT) are now available.