Y-Corner Ragnarok Online Practice Server (BETA v2)

Introduced in 2002, Gravity's MMORPG, Ragnarok Online, has grown significantly in popularity in many parts of the world and continues to grow.
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator
Input the current year: 1592

Re: Y-Corner Ragnarok Online Practice Server (BETA)

Post by Yoon »

Hmm, it could also be a TKM bug in the eAthena SVN version that I am currently using for the server. It's strange, since this bug doesn't seem to occur for other classes, especially if you artificially inflate the stats and levels past the normal (0-99) range.

Anyhow, since the server version is several months out of date, I'll try to update the server version possibly this weekend or next week.
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Yoon »

YCRO will be down for the next three hours, as I will be making some changes to the server, as well as doing some testing.

EDIT: Server is back up again. The current server remains unchanged, but the new server version will be unveiled sometime before the PvP tournament. ;)
Ghost B3N
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)

Post by Ghost B3N »

<3
lots of love to the YC server.
ImageImage
iRO character:
LuckyRanger- archer- level 30 ish
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Yoon »

Besides updating the server version to the latest eAthena SVN release, there will be a few new neat features. ;)

In the meantime, everyone should update their kRO client to the latest version, preferably Episode 13 and higher. Older versions may work, but it might be unstable and there may be some crashes.
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Yoon »

The older version server is back up again, but the newer version of the server won't be quite going up yet. ;)

Here's a sneak peak at what's coming in the new YCRO server version:

Yoon
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Y-Corner Ragnarok Online Practice Server (BETA v2)

Post by Yoon »

YCRO Server has been updated to the latest eAthena SVN version, which includes several new Episode 13 monsters, as well as access to the Midgarts Expedition Camp, Manuk, and Splendide maps! Players will need to have the latest Sakray version which includes Episode 13 content, as well as the new YCRO client file. The new YCRO client file can be downloaded from the link in the first post of this thread. Please note that if you do not update your Sakray client, you are pretty much guaranteed to CRASH, so please update your account!

If you need to find a place to download the latest Sakray version (0325), you can grab it at this site, which has very fast download speeds: http://us.kro.nnro.info/index.php?path=client/

In preparation for the Y-Corner PvP Tournament, previous accounts have been temporarily deleted, but will be restored after the conclusion of the tournament. Those who are accessing the server will need to re-register for an account. When registering, please use a different password you normally use for logging in on normal servers, as a safeguard for any security leaks.

Several GM commands have also been disabled, due to the upcoming tournament, so that combatants will not be tempted to cheat or use non-legal characters. In compensation for the loss of @lvup, @joblevel, and various stat commands, rates have been set to 1,000,000,000x for exp. and job. and 100x for items/cards. With rates that high, you should be able to hit LV99 within 5-10 minutes. :lol:

The Midgarts Expedition Camp has been set for the location for the Y-Corner PvP Tournament. It has been enhanced so that most of the typical NPCs (warp agent, styler, job master, platinum skills, card remover, etc.) have been re-located there. Several shop NPCs have also been setup to provide most of the Ragnarok Online weapons, armor, and other items to players free of charge.

I will post more details about the YCRO PvP Tournament later today.
Demon
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

Post by Demon »

Different cloth palettes crashed me, it changed my chars palette and now I crash everytime I see the char in char select. I wonder if the palette files are missing from YCRO patch. Sak is fully patched etc :p

EDIT: It said something like "Missing palette <some wierd letters>". Palettes 1,2 and 3 work fine.
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Yoon »

I've updated the client file to resolve the missing palette crash issue, so you should download the new client (link is updated in the first post). The client should no longer crash on any unsupported palette now. Also, I've packed everything into a GRF file, to make things a bit more organized. :D
Yahoo
Level 64 (Golden Thief Bug)
Input the current year: 2009

Post by Yahoo »

There seems to be a little bug. Cant see my skills :þ
RO IGNs:
Daefas - Warlock
Daedr - Arch Bishop
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Yoon »

Are you using the latest YCRO client from the first post? The new client is required, along with the latest version of Sakray.

Also, you might want to level normally, since changing jobs directly via the commands will result in inadequate skill points. Fortunately, since the rates are 1,000,000x for both exp and job, you should hit LV 99 within a few minutes from weak monsters like Porings, Poporings, etc.
Yahoo

Post by Yahoo »

I went to novice grounds :þ

And yea I did update sakray and redownloaded ycro today
RO IGNs:
Daefas - Warlock
Daedr - Arch Bishop
Ghost B3N
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)

Post by Ghost B3N »

oh i should try the YCRO server when i get home.
maybe i need a new patch im not sure.

(last time i used it it worked)
ImageImage
iRO character:
LuckyRanger- archer- level 30 ish
Demon
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

Post by Demon »

For some reason I cannot connect to the server, after logging in it let's me choose server and then fails to connect before character select. The server itself has been up all the time because Hrishi has been able to connect without problems. I have tried to reinstall ycro patch but it didn't help.
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Yoon »

Try to connect now, you should be able to connect.

I've noticed that sometimes the character server can go out of sync and this tends to create a bug for those using the latest client version, causing it to stall with character logins.
Coni
Level 19 (Poison Spore)
Level 19 (Poison Spore)

Post by Coni »

Demon wrote:For some reason I cannot connect to the server, after logging in it let's me choose server and then fails to connect before character select. The server itself has been up all the time because Hrishi has been able to connect without problems. I have tried to reinstall ycro patch but it didn't help.
You might not be connecting because you have a data folder inside of your Ragnarok folder with a sclientinfo.xml that has a different address of Yoon server.
If you do rename the data folder to "data1" or something else other than data.

Also, make sure your data.ini looks like this:
[Data]
0=YCROdata.grf
1=sdata.grf
2=data.grf