1-99 Advanced in 1 Day!

Introduced in 2002, Gravity's MMORPG, Ragnarok Online, has grown significantly in popularity in many parts of the world and continues to grow.
Tarquin
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)
Input the current year: 1592

1-99 Advanced in 1 Day!

Post by Tarquin »

Well, yesterday I heard surprising news. Apparently someone who is a friend of my guildies on iRO apparently made a 99 advanced class in a single day! Being curious like I am, I went over to ask and watch him doing it. So, I figured out how he did it. Are people interested enough to know how its done? I thought I'd post it here if people were interested enough to know how someone got 1-99 transcended in a single day!
On a side note, all this did was annoy me at first, seeing that I just made a Mastersmith in about a month's time!
Slayer
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Input the current year: 2009

Re: 1-99 Advanced in 1 Day!

Post by Slayer »

lol you wont g€t many r€plys sinc€ its quit€ d€ad h€r€
im quit€ int€r€st€d in how it was don€ in a day
btw how long was it a whol€ day of playing or a day of th€m playing
PSN:ChaoticCrusader
MSN:darkcronical@live.co.uk
Yahoo
Level 64 (Golden Thief Bug)
Level 64 (Golden Thief Bug)

Post by Yahoo »

Sounds nice :þ
RO IGNs:
Daefas - Warlock
Daedr - Arch Bishop
Coni
Level 19 (Poison Spore)
Level 19 (Poison Spore)

Post by Coni »

I would also like to know how he did it.

Please share the information to all of us. Thank you.
Tarquin
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

Post by Tarquin »

Sorry if this appears to be a little rushed, but I had this long response typed out and my power failed, so I am writing it again >.<
FIRST OFF, APPARENTLY HE ACHIEVED THIS DURING A 2X EXP EVENT.
Classes Required :
1. Atleast a level 90 High Priest :- Anti-Formless and anti-Demi human gears along with Pasana and marc carded Armor
2. Atleast a level 90 Scholar :- Pretty much similar gear as the High Priest
3. 2 TKMs which are "Thor-ready", meaning around 75-80 :- Similar gear as above with Racial books for Kasas and Katrin Keyron
4. Hunter with Talkie Box skill (NOTE : Having the hunter at 95 makes this MUCH easier, but its doable without)
5. OPTIONAL : 95 Bard and 95 Dancer (not necessary, but a very good bonus)

For levels 1-70 :
The person in question spent 10m to buy EXP items from a vendor. However, not that EXP items are being removed, there are some alternatives.

1. Using resurection with Ygg Leaves at anubis with the HP and Scholar supporting you.
2. Using level 99 Mercs which are usually given out every Lucky Box event.
3. Doing the "new repeatable EXP quests" with any high leveled character as the killer.

For levels 70-95 :
Doing 70-95 requires going down to Thor Dungeon. However, what we do is not simple casual fly winging around and killign any lone Kasa. We camp one of the instant spawning Kasas and continuously kill it as it respawns, netting a much higher EXP/hr.
Above is a picture of how Thor dungeon looks like. I have circled the areas where instant spawn Kasas exist. Any of the rooms can be chosen. The bottom ones are harder but net faster EXP. The upper ones are easier to use but are slightly slower.

What we have to do is to clear the area which you choose of any other monster except for the instant spawn Kasa. This is done by force-teleporting the other monsters. This is done by Fiberlock and using a spell like cold bolt while it is stuck in the web. This works for most monsters. However, I am not sure how you teleport the Bow Guardian, maybe they just killed it using the TKM since it is easy to tank using Pneuma.

Once other stuff is cleared, you have to walk around or teleport around and keep killing kasas until you locate the instant spawning one. Once you do that, you have to proc Miracle.

Miracle is a hidden TKM skill which makes every monster in that map stellar targetted and the specific map targetted by all warmths. It also lasts 1 hour. This basically means, every Kasa gives double EXP and you deal double damage to it. The same effect can be achieved without miracle by simply going to Thors during the 5th,10th,15th etc of the month. However, that is not recommended since Thors is very crowded on those days and the rooms tend to get ruined by other monsters being dragged/teleported in.

You proc Miracle like this. You have a Hunter spam Talkie Box on the same cell against a wall. Stack upto 200 traps on the same cell. Do not stack too many or you could get DCed. Then, using a Magnum Break clip, spam Magnum Break on the stack of traps standing opposite to the wall. You will be able to see the damage being dealt to traps but you cannot damage it. You will know Miracle is procced when the damage shown is double. Also note that when Miracle procs, it generally tends to get re-proced before the hour is up. This basically means you have Miracle up indefinitely. Of course, if it runs out due to very bad luck, it can pretty easily be re-procced.

Once Miracle is done, you are ready to go. Walk around the room on the TKM with the HP and Scholar following you. Keep the leecher behind a rock such that he is safe. If you see any Kasa on the TKM, activate Warmth and fly into it. You should kill it within seconds. Start spamming whites once you fly into the Kasa. Keep doing this until the leecher is 95.

EXP required for 75-95 is roughly 145m. With an EXP event and Battle Manuals, EXP rates of 70m/hr is very possible. This means about 2-2.5 hours of leeching is all it takes to go from 75-95.

For levels 95-99 :
Of course, you can continue in Thors right upto 99. But, much quicker EXP rates can be achieved in Bio 3. Just like the Thor technique, we camp an instant spawning HW to get very quick experience.
Above is an editted picture of Biolabs 3. The marked places have 3 instant spawning HW Katrins. From what I am told, the bottom places are better. The marked spots have staircases on them, for those unfamiliar with Bio3. We are basically going to camp 1 staircase with an instant spawning HW Katrin for very quick EXP.

We will pick whichever stair is less crowded. Also, just like Thors, we have to teleport the other stuff. It might be a bit harder to get used to. For example, the only way to teleport a Sniper Cecil is to fiberlock it and cast a level 10 cold bolt, while walking off the screen while the bolt hits it.

Also, again we have to kill the HWs around the area and hope one of them is the instant spawning HW. Once that is done, lead the HW to a safe place where is far away from the stair case, but still not far enough such that she can get lost!

The next step is to Proc miracle. Obviously, it is impossible to do what I said for Thors if the hunter is not 95. There is another way to do this, but less effective. Drag a HP Magaleta and use Warmth while letting both the Magaleta and the TKM stand in a Sanctuary. Also make sure to pneuma spam the HP or else she will cast Safety Wall and block Warmth. You can keep doing this until you see the damage is doubled.

A third but less effective way is to simply do this on an odd-number date. However, know that you will get 50% lesser EXP.

Once that is done, bring the HW back to the staircase. Let the leecher sit in the far end of the steps such that it is far away from the action. If you have the 95 Bard and Dancer, cast Mental Sensing such that it covers the entire stair. If not, it doesn't matter. Start killing the HWs again and again with the HP and Scholar supporting you.
EXP for getting 95-99 is roughly 240m. However, this method during an EXP event nets you about 200m EXP/hr without sensing and 360m EXP/hr with sensing. With this, you should reach 99 in about an hour's time!

When you reach 99, do not lt the HW or the Kasas run too far out. You have to do this all over again to get to 99 trans. However, the only difference is that you can start Bio3 at level 90 itself, since you can enter Bio3 at 90 when trans. Obviously when trans, start using the second TKM until he is in leeching range with the first!

Hope I was able to explain how he managed to achieve this seemingly impossible feat! Please note it is definitely possible for anyone, including us to do. All we need is some practise with these methods, as many of these techniqus are definitely new to us, sine most of us haven't given a second thought to how to level as quick as this before thanks to the rates!

The bare minimum number of people to pull this off is 3. Two is pushing it, but I have seen it done with the Scholar being dual cliented, since the TKM isn't necessary during teleporting phase and Scholar isn't necessary during the killing phase except to ive SP to the TKM. But, one more HP is welcome and will only improve the EXP gained per hour!

Blah, it was so bad typing this again, so I hope someone reads and enjoys what I have typed out!

EDIT : I was just told that instead of Thors, Odin Temple is a viable option if you are non-trans since you don't get any job EXP from Odin's. The Base EXP/hr is slightly more than Thors and you can make money off Odin drops, but I am not sure if it is worth going all the way down to Odin 3. Also, I have not seen an Odin leeching done so far, so when I get to see one being done, I will update this post with information about Odin's and if it is worthwhile!
Slayer
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)

Post by Slayer »

i got a question
what do the talkie boxes do when you put 200 on top of each other stick the monster on the wall?
PSN:ChaoticCrusader
MSN:darkcronical@live.co.uk
Tarquin
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

Post by Tarquin »

Miracle triggers at a 0.01% chance when attacking any target. The target includes traps too. Therefore, stacking talkie boxes allow you to force-proc Miracle. Talkie Boxes are the best traps to use this because they last the longest.