Starting out on iRO

Find guides for just about anything in Ragnarok Online.
Tarquin
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)
Input the current year: 1592

Starting out on iRO

Post by Tarquin »

Ok, I am going to tell you basically how to go from a 1/1 Novice to a level 31 first job almost instantly. The only thing which actually takes time is the job change quest!
Step 1 :
Talk to EVERY NPC in training grounds, as long as you do this correctly you reach 8/7 Novice just by talking. Remember to talk to the Kafra also and ask about her services!

Step 2 :
When you enter the novice field, suicide and talk to the NPC who sent you there again. You will get 50 extra Novice potions and 1 base level up.

Step 3 :
Talk to the NPC standing in front of you in the arena and choose "I do want more of challenge". This warpes you back to the same arena, but instead the monsters change from Fabres and Porings to Thief Bugs and Spores.

Step 4 :
Target only the Spores and spam your Novice potions (don't worry about wasting them, you can make a new novice and put the 400potions in storage for your main characte any time). It only takes around 8 Spores to reach job level 10.

Step 5 :
Take the personality test and answer the questions in such a wat that you get the job you want. The answers for each job is given in the below link. The personality test is important for two reasons! One, it gives you a free weapon suited for your class and two, you are sent to the correct town to do the job change quest.
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Training_Grounds_Novice_Test

Step 6 :
Job change and then walk to Prontera (if you are not there yet) and SAVE THERE. If I can I will send everyone 30k to start off, or else ask Demon to as he has my account info. Use this to teleport to Morroc.

Step 7 :
In the map outside Pyramids, you will find an NPC who sells Bill of Birds for 42z each. Buy 500 bills and Butterfly wing back to prontera.

Step 8 :
Now, from Prontera, teleport to Payon. Go 1 map south of payon and poke more Spores spamming your Novice Potions. Kill spores in that map till job level 10. The reason say do this is to get maximum benefit from the next step, cause you cannot use your bill of birds after you cross level 31.

Step 9 :
Go two maps left of payon (the map left of the Payon castle map) and go to the top left exit. There will be an NPC to whom you can exchange your Bills for experience. Use up all of them and you will be at level 31!

Below is a copy of a guide from iRO's forums. Some parts are repeated, some are new things.

Copied Post from iRO's forums :

Once you have made your novice:
Speak to the woman when you very first login with your character, Bug her twice and she gives you a level.
Go inside and talk to the crusader/monk/blacksmith npcs, just click on them and hammer your enter key.
Then talk to the kafra about save for 1 base and about storage for 1 job.
Then go threw to the npc get your gear and enter the training grounds and you get one more than die and you'll get another.
7/7

Also a tip for you all if your not starting your 1st character. Get 7/7 in training then stay in training till job 10, do the test where you answer question and if your not going swordsman just hammer enter again and it'll tell you to be one but then say no I want to be "enter class name" and he will give you an armor which is called novice training armor.
The stats on it are wrong, IT is really a slotted armor with 8 defense and weighs 0. So pretty much it's a free slotted chain mail, I used this for my first pupa garment.
Next do your job test and become you class and then go to one NE of morroc and find the bill of birds npc, buy like 800 of them (it'll only cost you like 50k)
And get your character into a guild and put them on 50% tax.
Then go to the bill of birds npc 2 south of prontera and turn in all of them and you should be level 31/26 or something.
Id you don;t 50% tax you'll end up as 31/21.

So 31/26 and a slotted chain mail that weights 0 for 50k and 30mins work, Also you will have a ton of novice red potions to use on wolves and bwings and fwings and kafra storage and warp tokens.

If you run out of red potions and kafra tokens what you can do is make a new char and go into the grounds, Do what i said to get 7/7 then use the job points and put the red potions and kafra tokens in your storage so your main character can take them out and use them.
Also if your new go to: https://store.playspan.com/ps-primary-w ... pp.jsp#off...
And make an account and you get 100 free points, use the points to buy a new adventures pack for your self and you'll get some free exp envelopes/bwings/battle manual.

So for an hours work you can have pretty much a level 40 character. If you then have some more money you could buy some earthworm peelings and get your self to base 50 in a short amount of time.
Slayer
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Input the current year: 2009

Re: Starting out on iRO

Post by Slayer »

i got a question is this chainmail usable on even after novice?
PSN:ChaoticCrusader
MSN:darkcronical@live.co.uk
Tarquin
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

Post by Tarquin »

Yes it is. It's not called Chainmail but it does give 8 def and is slotted.
Slayer
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)

Post by Slayer »

nice update on the guide step 3-4 really speeds the process up
reacon there could be a sticky on this guide since its very useful for anyone who starts Iro
Slayer
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)

Post by Slayer »

ou yah tarq we found somthing out today
you could always go up to 99% tax and do peco beak quest then :D
Hadvi
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

Post by Hadvi »

ehm after 50% its bugged right? XD

we tested that.

Show me what it's like, to be the last one standing~~
And teach me wrong from right, and I'll show you what I can be~~
And say it for me, say it to me~~
And I'll leave this life behind me~~
Say it if it's worth saving me~~
Tarquin
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

Post by Tarquin »

Yes its capped at 50%. And yeah I did know about the taxed thing, but people generally do that only when they rebirth, since if they are too low a level as a normal job, normal leveling might become slightly hard...
Slayer
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)

Post by Slayer »

or people making a vender without much trouble getting vending?