I Hate you Yoon

Discuss topics within this board that is not already covered by other boards on this forum.
Lozal
Level 37 (Mummy)
Level 37 (Mummy)
Input the current year: 1592

I Hate you Yoon

Post by Lozal »

Yoon's last day at our workplace was on Friday April 11th. So now I am in charge of the IT (along with a separate company). Here is a list of problems that were waiting for me on Monday April 14th (all within the first 2 hours of working).

1. Second Server HD crashed :o (raid configured HD, just got luck that it was the second to last HD in the case, so no data was on it).
2. Rhinoceros license manager doesn't like to run on the weekends :-/ (need to go to server room to log in and get it running again).
3. I found out that I need 2 email addresses :'( (one for smtp and 1 for express), so I need to talk to the CEO about changing his email.
4. Su-mi has had 4 small issues ;) (easy aside from ftp server going down).

Personally I think Yoon did it to get back at me for giving him grief for leaving. ;D :P
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

I Hate you Yoon

Post by Jaegar »

lol... why am I looking at the possibility of a computer science major with all these horror stories littering the internet? XD

I kinda sympathize though. Every day when I get to work it's a mess because we're constantly understaffed.
Tarquin
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

I Hate you Yoon

Post by Tarquin »

Im wondering the same...oh wait, Im already majoring in computer science >_>
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator

I Hate you Yoon

Post by Yoon »

TomTom wrote:Yoon's last day at our workplace was on Friday April 11th. So now I am in charge of the IT (along with a separate company). Here is a list of problems that were waiting for me on Monday April 14th (all within the first 2 hours of working).

1. Second Server HD crashed :o (raid configured HD, just got luck that it was the second to last HD in the case, so no data was on it).
2. Rhinoceros license manager doesn't like to run on the weekends :-/ (need to go to server room to log in and get it running again).
3. I found out that I need 2 email addresses :'( (one for smtp and 1 for express), so I need to talk to the CEO about changing his email.
4. Su-mi has had 4 small issues ;) (easy aside from ftp server going down).

Personally I think Yoon did it to get back at me for giving him grief for leaving. ;D :P
Wow. o.o That's quite a few problems that you had to face on Monday. I hope Marshall @ Exsupero was able to fix most/all the problems. Let me know if they end up not being as good as we thought, as the last thing I want is PDI falling into IT chaos.

Oh yeah, I heard that PDI didn't get Lotte World II. That really, really sucks. :(
Last edited by Yoon on April 14th, 2008, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lozal
Level 37 (Mummy)
Level 37 (Mummy)

I Hate you Yoon

Post by Lozal »

FYI - I have no formal training on computers (just what I've learned from Mike and my Dad) except for CADD.
Everything is OK for now. I found out Su-Mi was giving out the download ftp login info and she put the files under the upload ftp location. ::)
It was only chaotic for the first half of the day then everything settled down.
Last edited by Lozal on April 15th, 2008, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.