Car Broken Into Tonight! Nice... (NOT)

Discuss topics within this board that is not already covered by other boards on this forum.
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator
Input the current year: 1592

Post by Yoon »

Alright, I just got home, after a long slow drive from downtown Minneapolis. To make a long story short, my car got broken into while having some dinner and drinks at a bar (called AZIA) in downtown Minneapolis. They smashed the car window on the driver's (left) side of my 2001 Nissan Sentra and was able to get into the car. Fortunately, I didn't have very many valuables in the car; the only thing they took was my 30 GB iPod, some burnt CDs that I made, and some nickels and pennies. I did call up the police to make a report of the incident, but I had to wait for an hour for a patrol to show up. :/

Besides having my iPod stolen, what sucks is that there was glass all over the seat and dash from the break in. I brushed off as much glass off the seat with my snow scrapper/brush and covered the seat with one of the jackets I left in my car.

The drive home sucked as well, since it was snowing and my house was a 30 min. drive away from AZIA. Since it was somewhat cold out (30 F), I turned on the car heat to max and drove home carefully. It was not a fun drive home at all. :(

What I don't get is why they chose my car to break into. There were more expensive cars in AZIA's car lot than mine (i.e. Dodge Viper, some Lexus', etc.). Whoever broke in went through the front dash case (which had my car stereo plate, iPod, and some nickels and pennies), the side storage (where my burnt CDs were), upper sunglasses storage, and the dash (where I put a bunch of worthless receipts and proof of insurance). As stated earlier, they stole my iPod and the burnt CDs, but they chose to leave the car stereo plate behind (strangely). They even took the few pennies and nickels that I had (leftover from change) as well. All that trouble, just for an iPod, some burnt CDs, and some nickels and pennies. ??? I don't get it. ??? Oh well, I hope they enjoy listening to VGM remixes & mainstream Korean/Japanese music on the iPod. :P

Since this was the first time I've ever had this happen to me, it was kind of a shocker, but I guess shit like this happens to people from time to time. Looks like I'll have to call up my car insurance company on Monday, after Easter... (sigh) :(

EDIT:

Some pictures!

Image Image

:(
Last edited by Yoon on March 23rd, 2008, 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Angie
Level 51 (Nine Tail)
Level 51 (Nine Tail)

Post by Angie »

awww.. :(
sorry >_<
that sucks ..
(no idea what to say)

/pat
Hadvi
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

Post by Hadvi »

Damn, that really really sucks. At least they took things that can easily be replaced.
There are more worst case scenarios I can think of.

Show me what it's like, to be the last one standing~~
And teach me wrong from right, and I'll show you what I can be~~
And say it for me, say it to me~~
And I'll leave this life behind me~~
Say it if it's worth saving me~~
Saxire
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)
Input the current year: 2009

Post by Saxire »

/pat pat
sorry :(
Stupid ppl >_<
Duhduhduh dum.
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

Post by Jaegar »

that sucks =/

After thinking about it for a sec, I'm guessing your car looked easier to break into for some reason (more secluded, lack of security or something) and whoever did it was hoping for a lucky break. How desperate do you have to be to take spare change and burned CDs? >.>
Yahoo
Level 64 (Golden Thief Bug)

Post by Yahoo »

That really sucks..
I have lost whole car (no one stole it but it sucks still)
I was driving home when I saw smoke coming from the front and I stopped the car.
I looked to the engine room and there was fire in there.
I called the emergency number and waited for them to come.
Afterwards I saw that every plastic part in the engine room had melted.
Didnt start to repair the car... Too much work.
RO IGNs:
Daefas - Warlock
Daedr - Arch Bishop
ascot
Level 46 (Deviruchi)
Level 46 (Deviruchi)

Post by ascot »

omg... O.o
Well maybe somebody who broke in was so stressed that he just grabbed the stuff he could think of first and got away as soon as possible.
Insurance will cover that thing, I hope?

Well, to make you more cheerful I will tell you a car story :D My mom bought a new volvo in February. Car had like two weeks. She parked it somewhere and when she came back the whole thing that held mirror near the car was broken. Parts laying on the ground, but mirror itself was taken ">.>
She went to the police station to tell about what happened. Some police officer took care of her. Took out some blank form and started asking her questions like - "when did that happen?" etc.
Officer: "Your husband beats you often?"
Mother: "Errm, excuse me? I'm here because of the stolen mirror..."
Officer: ...
It was kind of "home violence" officer XD But she filled in the right blank form and insurance covered it all XDD Lolz for polish policemen :D
If my wish is to be granted, please bring me to you right now.
If life can be repeated, I'll go to you many times over
There's nothing else that I want,
Nothing else is more important than you.
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Yoon »

that sucks =/

After thinking about it for a sec, I'm guessing your car looked easier to break into for some reason (more secluded, lack of security or something) and whoever did it was hoping for a lucky break. How desperate do you have to be to take spare change and burned CDs? >.>
Yeah, I think it had to do with the fact that my car didn't have a security system and was parked at the end of the lot. :P Oh yeah, I found out they also stole my Nissan Sentra 01 car manual guide. ??? Of all the things they could have stolen in my car (i.e. car stereo faceplate, car stereo, sunglasses, air freshner, etc.) they took my iPod (valid target), some spare change (O...K...), burnt CDs (value of $0.00), and a car manual guide (WTF?). Real nice raid there. ::)

That really sucks..
I have lost whole car (no one stole it but it sucks still)
I was driving home when I saw smoke coming from the front and I stopped the car.
I looked to the engine room and there was fire in there.
I called the emergency number and waited for them to come.
Afterwards I saw that every plastic part in the engine room had melted.
Didnt start to repair the car... Too much work.
Wow. o.o Sorry to hear that. :( What car make and model was it?

omg... O.o
Well maybe somebody who broke in was so stressed that he just grabbed the stuff he could think of first and got away as soon as possible.
Insurance will cover that thing, I hope?
Fortunately, I have full glass coverage, so it'll be covered for free without any price hikes. :) They're sending someone out to my house tomorrow to fix the window.

Well, to make you more cheerful I will tell you a car story :D My mom bought a new volvo in February. Car had like two weeks. She parked it somewhere and when she came back the whole thing that held mirror near the car was broken. Parts laying on the ground, but mirror itself was taken ">.>
She went to the police station to tell about what happened. Some police officer took care of her. Took out some blank form and started asking her questions like - "when did that happen?" etc.
Officer: "Your husband beats you often?"
Mother: "Errm, excuse me? I'm here because of the stolen mirror..."
Officer: ...
It was kind of "home violence" officer XD But she filled in the right blank form and insurance covered it all XDD Lolz for polish policemen :D
Weird that the officer asked that; I guess the officer might have mistaken your mom for someone else. It's great to hear that she was able to get the mirror fixed though. :)
ascot
Level 46 (Deviruchi)
Level 46 (Deviruchi)

Post by ascot »

^_^ yay 4 the insurance!!

Yeah, could be. She went to a police station in a factory district (not very reach, as you can imagine), because it was the closest one. So yeah, police officer told her that many women come there with such problems, sad thing.
If my wish is to be granted, please bring me to you right now.
If life can be repeated, I'll go to you many times over
There's nothing else that I want,
Nothing else is more important than you.
Yahoo

Post by Yahoo »

It was BMW 518.
Didnt have insurance for burning so didnt cover it...
RO IGNs:
Daefas - Warlock
Daedr - Arch Bishop
Tarquin
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

Post by Tarquin »

Sorry to hear this Mike. I still can't get why they would even bother taking burnt CDs...? Don't worry though, atleast only something which can be replaced I guess was taken. I can think up worse stuff >_<
Ghost B3N
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)

Post by Ghost B3N »

wow that sucks.

wil the insurance cover your ipod as well?
ImageImage
iRO character:
LuckyRanger- archer- level 30 ish