foOoOoOoOod

Discuss topics within this board that is not already covered by other boards on this forum.
Slayer
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Input the current year: 2009

foOoOoOoOod

Post by Slayer »

tell you what you could never live on chocolate or cookie since there jest junk food (i know i like them too but live on them.... i would get bored of the taste) yah you could live on water(who knows mabey you could live on dirt :D)
PSN:ChaoticCrusader
MSN:darkcronical@live.co.uk
ascot
Level 46 (Deviruchi)
Level 46 (Deviruchi)
Input the current year: 1592

foOoOoOoOod

Post by ascot »

Nah, you have to drink in order to survive more than 3 days :P

So about the recipe... Maybe your favorite dish!~^^ (Containing vegetables and spices ofc XP)
I don't know more about Indian food, so give me any recipe please :D
If my wish is to be granted, please bring me to you right now.
If life can be repeated, I'll go to you many times over
There's nothing else that I want,
Nothing else is more important than you.
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator

foOoOoOoOod

Post by Yoon »

For some reason, I'm really enjoying Vietnamese dishes lately, particularly spring rolls and the noodle dishes (i.e. pho). Didn't really care much for it back then.

I've been experimenting with Korean BBQ dishes lately, particularly with Galbi, a beef dish, and Samgyeopsal, a pork dish. If you like grilling and BBQ, you might want to Galbi a try, since it is fairly easy to prepare.

Here's what you'll need to make Galbi:

- 1 x Korean Kalbi/Barbeque Sauce (Easily found in East Asian grocery stores, can also be found in most U.S. groceries in the ethnic foods or sauces section).
- Beef Short Ribs (You can use other meat, such as flank steak in small pieces, but short ribs are preferrred)
- 1 x Asian Pear / Korean Pear (Optional; This is used to make the galbi taste sweeter. Can be found in most East Asian grocery stores. Costco in the U.S. also carries this. Apple works okay as a substitute, but the Korean pear is recommended.)
- Container (Needed for marination process. Something large enough to hold the meat)

If you cannot find the Galbi sauce in stores, you can prepare it yourself with the following:

- 6 pieces of Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cooking Wine (Rice Cooking Wine recommended)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Sesame Oil

Mix these thoroughly in a bowl. You can also add the minced Korean pear/apple to the marinade, if making the sauce by yourself.

Instructions:

1.) Wash and soak meat in water for an hour, so that the meat is soft and not frozen.
2.) Remove meat from water and place in container.
3.) Add minced Korean pear to marinade. (optional)
4.) Pour Galbi marinade all over the meat.
5.) Cover container, either with a lid, plastic wrap, aluminum foil, etc. and store in refrigerator over night (around 8-10 hours).
6.) Remove meat and cook on grill/frying pan.
7.) Serve. :)

Result:

Fairly easy to make. Galbi is best served if cooked over a mini-portable grill unit during the meal, but also tastes well over a normal grill or in the kitchen over the stove. Goes well with white rice. ;)
Last edited by Yoon on June 12th, 2008, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

foOoOoOoOod

Post by Jaegar »

Cool, I <3 simple and tasty recipes. I'll grab the ingredients for this next time I go shopping and give it a try... Suddenly I want meat and rice lol
ascot
Level 46 (Deviruchi)
Level 46 (Deviruchi)

foOoOoOoOod

Post by ascot »

They look so good :3 I might have some problems with getting the ingredients, but I feel like makin it and nothing will stop me :D!
If my wish is to be granted, please bring me to you right now.
If life can be repeated, I'll go to you many times over
There's nothing else that I want,
Nothing else is more important than you.
Slayer
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Input the current year: 2009

foOoOoOoOod

Post by Slayer »

that looks tasty ;)
PSN:ChaoticCrusader
MSN:darkcronical@live.co.uk