You know you've...

Discuss topics within this board that is not already covered by other boards on this forum.
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Input the current year: 1592

You know you've...

Post by Jaegar »

You know you're run out of ways to increase the length of your essay when you comment on the fact that the title of the article you're analyzing has British spelling.

You know you need your own computer when all of your entertainment, schoolwork, and general time killing stuff requires a computer, yet you family still insists on using the computer to play solitaire.

You know you're evil when you consider charging your family tech support fees for fixing the computer after you stop using it (I'm the only one who knows how the network, internet connection, and wiring of this computer are set up XD).

You know you need to find a way to make money from writing gaming material when you realize you've hand-written hundreds of pages of material in a few years as a hobby.

You know the forum's dead when there are only 4 regular posters and most of the posts are to count to infinity =/ (I hope some people come back to play D&D with me)

You know you need another hobby when you're begging people to play an RPG on a dead forum.

*sigh* I think I just made myself too emo to continue. Back to the $%#$^ English paper >.>
Saxire
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)
Input the current year: 2009

You know you've...

Post by Saxire »

you know your very bored when you read what jae's posted like 5times jus coz you couldnt remember it all without seeing it.. (yes i know everypoint youve posted by heart now .. lol)

btw jae id be glad to play if you teach me ... but then im sure 2 people arent enough for it
Duhduhduh dum.
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

You know you've...

Post by Jaegar »

actually, some of the most fun I've had is in 1 character play (burglaries are fun >3) D&D isn't very hard to learn if you're used to games. It's just like learning any other new RPG, the only difference is you don't have a computer automating everything for you so you have to know what you're doing a little more. Have I posted a guide in the gaming forum yet? Maybe I'll do that tomorrow (actually later today at this point XP).

The easiest way to learn is to have the basics explained to you, then play to see how it works. You'll learn quickly once you get the basics. It's mostly just the same kind of details any other RPG (like RO) has. Paladins can do X, defense stat does Y, to become an assasin you have to do Z. Did you know all that when you started RO? Of course not. Like I said, pick up the basic rules and it's a breeze from there.

Anyway, enough off topic sleep-deprived please-play-my-game type babble.

You know you've eaten too many chocolate waffles when your migraine disappears without any other medication.
Last edited by Jaegar on February 25th, 2008, 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anthea
Level 51 (Nine Tail)
Level 51 (Nine Tail)

You know you've...

Post by Anthea »

You know you've used too much discount/overcharge when this happens

And that's not me btw.
Gaia Revolution. Now with 100% more epic.
Saxire
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)

You know you've...

Post by Saxire »

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rofl
you know you ve i donno .. i jus wanted to show my surprise at the previous post :-[
XP
Duhduhduh dum.
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

You know you've...

Post by Jaegar »

lol that's a crazy level

You know you're too pampered when someone asks you "Don't you have any callouses?" and you reply "What are callouses?" (not me! my co-worker)

You know you're too good at cooking when you make chicken teriyaki and rice with steamed vegetables from scratch for a normal lunch.
Saxire
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)

You know you've...

Post by Saxire »

What are callouses??
im not pampered >.<

You know your very bored when you start thinkin of excuses for stuff which your plannin to do later
Duhduhduh dum.
Anthea
Level 51 (Nine Tail)
Level 51 (Nine Tail)

You know you've...

Post by Anthea »

You know you've getting too excited of GM polls when you check the situation in every 5 mins.

I'm 4 votes behind now =( Around 8 people still haven't voted.
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

You know you've...

Post by Jaegar »

you have an excuse, English isn't your first language

From the same person

You know you haven't done enough work in your life when you see a smudge of dirt on your arm and wonder when you got a tattoo.

edit: lol these are good ones

You know you've put off cleaning your computer for too long when you delete nothing larger than MP3 files and get over 2 GB

You know you like pockets too much when the coolest thing about your new pants is that they have a type of pocket you've never seen before.

edit: it was only a 20 mb PDF... XD

You know you've tried to copy too much at once when Adobe Reader gives you a progress bar

You know you've tried to paste too much when the word processor gives you a progress bar too. (I didn't know they could do that O.o)

edit:
You know you need a USB drive when you get more e-mails from yourself than you get from other people.

edit:
You know you're not used to working with paper documents anymore when you go to your toolbar to look at a paper that's sitting in front of you.

You know you like pockets too much when you get belt pouches to wear as a normal thing.

You know you're a gamer when your inside jokes involve phrases like "How do you feel about Gryphons?"

You know a cosmic force is laughing at you when every game since you played your first female RP character has had tentacles in it somehow without prior planning on the DM's part (at least they didn't bother me this time ^^p).
Last edited by Jaegar on March 16th, 2008, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthea
Level 51 (Nine Tail)
Level 51 (Nine Tail)

You know you've...

Post by Anthea »

edit:
You know you need a USB drive when you get more e-mails from yourself than you get from other people.
LAWL pwned. So true

You know you've slept with your headset on too much when you get a wound to your ear. And since that feels so familiar like I'd had said it before, it continues: You know you still haven't learned from sleeping with your headset when you get another wound :P

Annnd

You know you enjoy #disguise way too much when you randomly log on your GM and #disguise everyone :P

Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

You know you've...

Post by Jaegar »

You know you've spent too much time in Brawl's coin launcher when it looks weird for the trophy and sticker counter to not be maxed out at 99

You know you're an otaku when you don't drink Sprite (cuz it sucks) and only drink Sierra Mist if it's free (like at work) but will pay $1.79 for a bottle of Ramune.

You know you have an awesome geology professor when he gets chewed out by the public school superintendent for using liquid nitrogen to demonstrate massive gas explosions to elementary students.

You know he's 10x more awesome when he describes how these explosions created 40' tall columns of water, set off car alarms, and caused the police to come investigate.

You know he's 100x more awesome when he tells this to his class and invites them to the next round of demonstrations this afternoon. XD
Anthea
Level 51 (Nine Tail)
Level 51 (Nine Tail)

You know you've...

Post by Anthea »

You know you have an awesome geology professor when he gets chewed out by the public school superintendent for using liquid nitrogen to demonstrate massive gas explosions to elementary students.

You know he's 10x more awesome when he describes how these explosions created 40' tall columns of water, set off car alarms, and caused the police to come investigate.

You know he's 100x more awesome when he tells this to his class and invites them to the next round of demonstrations this afternoon. XD
LOL xD That's awesome xD

You know it's 1st of April when you get weird texts through the day.
(not really you know you've but anyway)

You know you've been texting to numbers abroad when you get almost 200
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

You know you've...

Post by Jaegar »

You know you're too hard on your socks when you check the pricing and availability of kevlar socks.

You know you've selected a bizarre topic for your English paper when your bibliography has things like this

Alexey Pajitnov. Tetris. Code. Vadim Gerasimov. 1985

Tweet, Jonathan, Skip Williams and Monte Cook. D&D Player's Handbook v3.5. 1st ed. Renton WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2003.
(btw, anyone happen to randomly know the proper way to cite a video game in MLA style? My teacher doesn't even know T.T that may be a good thing though...)

You know you've made an unusual character when the GM offers to include this in a treasure hoard.
Last edited by Jaegar on April 30th, 2008, 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

Re: You know you've...

Post by Jaegar »

<.<
>.>

*Double posts to revive thread!*

You know you've played too much Assassin's Creed when you see a large bird circling then start looking around for a tower to climb.
Slayer
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)

Re: You know you've...

Post by Slayer »

you know when you play too much oblivion when you have saved 497 times O,o
ou know it's 1st of April when you get weird texts through the day.
(not really you know you've but anyway)
the bbc had a advert saying pengiuns could fly
made me laught when i saw it since it isent true :d
PSN:ChaoticCrusader
MSN:darkcronical@live.co.uk