feats and skills

Feeling adventurous? If so, give this well-known fantasy tabletop role-playing game a try!
buji
Level 48 (Gargoyle)
Level 48 (Gargoyle)
Input the current year: 2009

feats and skills

Post by buji »

what i meant by 'for granted' wasnt free skillz.

have you ever played a really short game with a friend just to show them wat the game was like? if you have, then you proly didnt bog them down with spot checks, technicalities about double wielding, etc. are we gonna kinda skim over those, or is it all gonna be in the game? i personally think itd be more fun(more free and less leading) if we put in as many of those as possible. but your gonna be DM, so its your call.

btw, free double wielding weapons feat is partially why i favor the ranger class.

speaking of which...
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Input the current year: 1592

feats and skills

Post by Jaegar »

ah. I see. What you meant was kinda like using all default options.

Since many of us seem to know how to play already I was gonna let the knowledgeable people do whatever they like. If we have anyone new playing I was thinking the DM (me right now) could make a simple character for them to play. (simple like no weird races or classes and not too many combat options)
buji
Level 48 (Gargoyle)
Level 48 (Gargoyle)

feats and skills

Post by buji »

simple like no weird races or classes and not too many combat options
BLANK@#$%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
buji
Level 48 (Gargoyle)
Level 48 (Gargoyle)

feats and skills

Post by buji »

new post so youll see what im saying

should i list the skills and feats here? itd be a huge post-almost like the forum rules or something. i could put name, effects, prerequisites. i think that ought to be fine.

lol-what do yo think? or we just gonna leave the generic stuff as is and run with it?

i suppose if the generic stuff is used for lvl1 chars new to the game, then there wouldnt be a hurry to post it up. we wouldnt need it till someone lvls.

speaking of lvling-im jus curious. when do you give xp? after encounters, or end of episodes of campaigns? and are we supposed to keep track of our own xp, or do you plan on it? itd be easier for you if we kept track.
also, ive seen god knows how many tables on when which classes lvl. please post yours. lol-sure sounds like lots of planning going into thegame. i bet this will take longest out of any single part.lol

thanks for the input on my parts-ill fix asap.
=P
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Input the current year: 1592

feats and skills

Post by Jaegar »

ah, you're talking about a list of the skills and feats on the forums... =o
Yeah, that'd be a pain to type. I was kinda hoping that people who are gonna play will have rl access to the basic materials. I'm thinking that people who do have the books could give feat recommendations to people who don't though. As for skills, I'd say to do basically the same thing.

I'll try to help people who don't have the materials, but I'm not gonna re-print 50 pages for them >.<
buji
Level 48 (Gargoyle)
Level 48 (Gargoyle)

feats and skills

Post by buji »

good idea-cuz i dont want to type it, and a rogue really doesnt need any scrying skills. as before, i think the only people who have played and are familliar are me, you, and blank.

(dont worry about my confusion with the rules-gameplay can only alter so much)