Test campaign

Feeling adventurous? If so, give this well-known fantasy tabletop role-playing game a try!
Dark Falco
Level 31 (Deviling)
Level 31 (Deviling)
Input the current year: 2009

Test campaign

Post by Dark Falco »

[give us a bit longer jae xD i put part of my plan down, now ima put the rest, so give us some time to disagree or agree with the plan]
Dark Falco: 150 shadow chaser : TF Guild Leader
Vivi: 150 Sorcerer
Silent Swordsmen: 103 Rune Knight
Dark Healer: 83 Priest
Falco: 86 Hunter
Hadvi
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)
Input the current year: 1592

Test campaign

Post by Hadvi »

ok sorry jae. You want everything to happen in 1 day :P. Give us some time XD. Why not start a new test campaign :P.

Show me what it's like, to be the last one standing~~
And teach me wrong from right, and I'll show you what I can be~~
And say it for me, say it to me~~
And I'll leave this life behind me~~
Say it if it's worth saving me~~
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

Test campaign

Post by Jaegar »

ahhh this campaign is gonna take a year and a day! >.<
buji
Level 48 (Gargoyle)
Level 48 (Gargoyle)

Test campaign

Post by buji »

sorry-kinda my fault. i have next to no internet access, so i need to find time to chekc at school. working on it. ill relay most of my stuff to blank to post.
buji
Level 48 (Gargoyle)
Level 48 (Gargoyle)

Test campaign

Post by buji »

internet problems doing better currently.

all right, well, heres the plan. falco and tarquin will go about 15 ft. to our left, hiding in the trees, and blank and I will go 15 ft right fom where we are. from there, we will move up as quietly as possible (move silently checks) to within 50ft max-if we can get closer we will. then I will give a distinctive bird call as a signal to shoot, and me and falco shoot at the orc with the greataxe (monks cant use bows). we keep firing at the greataxe-orc until hes dead. if he charges and gets to close to one of us, the people hes charging will engage him up close, and the other two will take out the dumb one with a falchion, shooting him if possible. if they both charge a group of us, then the other group run up and join in the melee from behind them.
if others come outside at any point, we shoot for the highest priority target(most threatening/important) until were forced to melee. if one group can stay hidden, they keep shooting until all enemies are dead or in melee.
If things go horribly, the pair under attack can try to make it to the others, but try to avoid this, as then we will be easy to capture/kill.

So that's plan. Any questions? if not-lets go!

note: sorry- im still workign on the names of the chars. blank told me irl that this plan was pretty good, so thats a majority for confirmation.
Last edited by buji on April 4th, 2007, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

Test campaign

Post by Jaegar »

Good planning. I like it. There are a few problems though. Unfortunately, the grid doesn't show up on that map so it's hard to judge distances (my fault D=). It's about 150 feet from the treeline to the door. Your best bet to catch the orcs in front off guard from relatively close range would be to approach from behind the keep and snipe from around the corners.
Hadvi
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

Test campaign

Post by Hadvi »

How bout we attack next day so i can prepare some spells :P like these:

LVL0 read magic: read scrolls or spellbooks
LVL1 charm person: makes 1 person your friend (use on the dumb orc and use him as a distraction for the greataxe orc?)
LVL1 magic missile: 1d4+1 (2-5) dmg, +1 missile/2lvls over lvl1 (max +5) (use on the greataxe orc)

I can have these spells right? XD
Last edited by Hadvi on April 5th, 2007, 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

buji
Level 48 (Gargoyle)
Level 48 (Gargoyle)

Test campaign

Post by buji »

erm....i wasnt aware you were with us - ask jaegar bout that.

ooooo-my bad about the treeline. mmm....behind the keep....all right, that seems to be best, since we cant senak close. we cant avoid being in sight. how big around is the keep? if its not too big, then when we split up each group should go a diferent way around the keep, so as to have them in between us. anyway-same basic plan as before. just from coming from behind the keep. no retreat possible, so if they charge, hold your spot until the others run up to meet and join t he melee from behind the orcs.

heres how im seeing it:

grp1 ________________Keep_________________grp2
........................................orcs..........................................

i hope that turned out right.
dots are nothing-empty space
keep walls are the ________
grp1 = me + blank
grp2 = tarquin + falco
Last edited by buji on April 5th, 2007, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

Test campaign

Post by Jaegar »

@Hadvi: AAH! I dunno if you can have thouse spells or not. I haven't seen your character. If you're a wizard you can prepare them, if you're a sorcerer you can know them, but I still need to see a character from you =/ Do you know how to start, or should someone make a character for you?

@Bujin: That plan is probably how I'd attack in that situation (the other option would be to ignore the minor range penalties and attack from the trees anyway.) Then again, you could always start with diplomacy XD Sneaking up while they can see you ftw ^_^

Anyway, I guess the rest of the group should give their opinions. If everyone agrees I'll roll initiative (that determines the turn order in combat) and we'll see how combat goes. It'll all depend on how often people check to take their turns.

Another note, I still don't have any images to represent players on the map D=
Gimme a 20x20 bitmap or you're gonna look like orcs XD (j/k that'd be too confusing. You'd be colored dots XP lol)
buji
Level 48 (Gargoyle)
Level 48 (Gargoyle)

Test campaign

Post by buji »

dibs on the blue dot!!!

were not sneaking up in plain sight. were goin around and comin from behind the keep. i already got blanks ok irl, and tarquin said it was cool right after i posted i think, in the plans section.
Hadvi
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

Test campaign

Post by Hadvi »

T_T, I have a char. look at char creation help. it is

Name: Hadvi
Job: Wizard
Race: Elf
Stats: Str 12 + 1
Dex 17 + 3
Con 15 + 2
Int 18 + 4
Wis 12 + 1
Cha 14 + 2

Spells: probably have to pick them according to the situation you are in

Familiar: none yet
Last edited by Hadvi on April 5th, 2007, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

Test campaign

Post by Jaegar »

oh right >.< bujin did that and I kinda skimmed over it. ummm... pick any three level 0 spells and any two level 1 spells. you prepared them before you left this morning.

I'm gonna give you a quarterstaff, a shortbow, and the other starting package stuff Tarquin's character got. Also, like I warned Tarquin (you have it even worse than him actually), you don't have many spells per day at level one, so don't burn them all in the first battle or two. (I expect there to be 3-5 battles)

Also, a note on casting spells sneakily (like you suggested doing on one of the orcs). You have to speak loudly to cast most spells, and spells have a limited range too (25ft.+5ft./two caster levels for charm person)

Languages will also be important to a point (some orcs don't speak common). I'll make it easy for you (your high int modifier helps). You can speak Common, Elven, Orc, Draconic, Goblin, and Gnome. (yes that's six languages, an 18 int does that.)

ok, once you figure out where Hadvi fits into the plan, I'll start. You also need to figure out where you'll be relative to the corners. It's important because in the surprise round you can't move and attack. I recommend having the tanks in back and the ranged attackers either in the square just around the corner (you can attack around corners, thy target just gets cover) or within one space of a clear shot (so you can take a 5ft. step then attack)

Maybe a diagram of your formations would help, like...

..........|
........M|
.....H R|_______

M= Merrak
H= Hadvi
R= Rhonal
.=empty space because spaces don't work right XP

After that you can just describe your movement.
Last edited by Jaegar on April 5th, 2007, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Falco
Level 31 (Deviling)
Level 31 (Deviling)

Test campaign

Post by Dark Falco »

ok so it should look like this then(i think) Hadvi can use a bow so here it is.

...................................M
................................R H __________Keep_________T U

............................................................Orc

This is what it should look like if im not mistaken
I think this should be the formation, and use Bujin's Archer type plan.=3? any objections?
Last edited by Dark Falco on April 6th, 2007, 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Falco: 150 shadow chaser : TF Guild Leader
Vivi: 150 Sorcerer
Silent Swordsmen: 103 Rune Knight
Dark Healer: 83 Priest
Falco: 86 Hunter
buji
Level 48 (Gargoyle)
Level 48 (Gargoyle)

Test campaign

Post by buji »

sweet-looks good falco. all right. just shoot at the great orc till its dead, then hit the other. or shoot the great orc until it charges us, then whichever archers it charges, fall behind their melee buddy (i switch weapons) and prepare to melee it while other group shoots till its engaged with us, then they attack the other.
Tarquin
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

Test campaign

Post by Tarquin »

do i attack them yet or not?..if so which 1? prolly ill just magic bolt if i have to..