Test campaign

Feeling adventurous? If so, give this well-known fantasy tabletop role-playing game a try!
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Input the current year: 1592

Test campaign

Post by Jaegar »

It looks like It's time to begin...

I'll give you guys some time to ask questions, make characters, ect. My goal is to start the campaign itself on Friday the 30th.

character creation details are in the last post here

Once you've made you're character I'd like everyone to post their general stuff like race, class, short description and background.

Once we start I'd like everyone to check up on what's happening fairly often (at least once per day), otherwise this thing will move at an absolute crawl. I know schedules can be weird (I'll have problems checking often enough on Tuesdays and Thursdays) but please try. If you don't act enough/respond promptly I'll do obvious stuff for you (keep you with the party, ect.) but don't do it long enough to irritate me.
buji
Level 48 (Gargoyle)
Level 48 (Gargoyle)
Input the current year: 2009

Test campaign

Post by buji »

should we have party money or individual?

party money would be easier to track, but then one person might spend it all on a weapon for just them, and it would take possibly days to get permission from all to buy stuff.

io think individual wouldd be easier, tho it will be harder to divy up. almost a whole loot post after a battle.
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

Test campaign

Post by Jaegar »

loot will be totaled when you get a chance to use it and everyone gets one share. If there are items nobody wants, they'll be sold and the profits divided among the party.

That's just rough guidelines though. I find that it's usually, "ooh! I call that!", "ok, I'll take this", "whatever, I don't care so I'll take this". I've never had any major disputes with treasure distribution.
buji
Level 48 (Gargoyle)
Level 48 (Gargoyle)

Test campaign

Post by buji »

yeah, but my lvl 3 sorcerer would be so badass with a greatword +3 of piecing defense!!!!!!
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

Test campaign

Post by Jaegar »

I just realized, bujin and I are the only ones who seem to acknowledge this board's existence >.<
Could the people who are gonna play say something? Even if your character's not finished you can give us a bit of info.

EDIT: oh yeah, wth is "piercing defense?"
Last edited by Jaegar on March 23rd, 2007, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghalleon
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)

Test campaign

Post by ghalleon »

I would but, the test campaign be will going on while I am away. So I am just going to keep up with as much of your game as I can to see how it works.
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

Test campaign

Post by Jaegar »

hmmm, how about I make you a character just in case you can play? It'll be a good learning experience for you. You said you were interested in a halfling ranger/rogue right? I'll walk you through making the character. Lemme go make another thread for that...
buji
Level 48 (Gargoyle)
Level 48 (Gargoyle)

Test campaign

Post by buji »

lol-defense against peircing attacks, like arrows. longsword is slashing dmg, and so on...

yeah guys. POST. i dont know if jae and i are so efficient that you simply have no questions, but you guys need to let us know whats happening and whos playing. all i knwo is me, blank, jae, and ghal. the sooner we have everything taken care of the better.
Deity
Level 53 (Gremlin)
Level 53 (Gremlin)

Test campaign

Post by Deity »

wtf is D&D?
buji
Level 48 (Gargoyle)
Level 48 (Gargoyle)

Test campaign

Post by buji »

ima kill you, right after i teach you.

RPG. the best. you make yoru own character, and one guy, the Dungeon Master, makes a world. you are inserte4d somewhere in this world, and do basically whatever you want. the DM explains the world to you, everything you see or hear or anything, and you decide how you act or react. go read in the community cafe, and find the two threads about it. its explained there better. i think D&D is the basis for all computer RPG games, and all RPG games period.
Deity
Level 53 (Gremlin)
Level 53 (Gremlin)

Test campaign

Post by Deity »

so i can be any char? can i be a god?/deity?

that would be nice...i choose to be god then!
buji
Level 48 (Gargoyle)
Level 48 (Gargoyle)

Test campaign

Post by buji »

well, i guess you could be technically, but that would take the fun out if the game.
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

Test campaign

Post by Jaegar »

I dunno... playing as a god could have it's quirks. Have you ever heard of The Time of Troubles? /gg

Anyway, what book is this "piercing defense" in? The closest thing I've seen is an armor enchantment called "spearblock" or something like that from the Complete Warrior. Usually defensive enchantments don't go on weapons. The only one I can think of is the "defending" enchantment, which just lets you transfer the weapon's enhancement bonus to your AC
buji
Level 48 (Gargoyle)
Level 48 (Gargoyle)

Test campaign

Post by buji »

dude- first of all, it was a joke.

second of all-look in the equipment section of the players handbook. look at the table with the weapons. and look at the type. ex: bludgeoning, piercing, slashing
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

Test campaign

Post by Jaegar »

ohhhh... it was a joke... >.<
I think something was lost in translation

I know all about damage types, don't worry