The Swinnon Forest

Feeling adventurous? If so, give this well-known fantasy tabletop role-playing game a try!
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Input the current year: 1592

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Jaegar »

I'm not cruel XD Besides, you're a level 2 noob. Level one is for getting owned. You're not much stronger than the average NPC till level 2 and the real fun starts at level 3.

Anyway, notice I dealt 7 damage to one and it went down I even specified that was w/o GM hax. Your weapon deals the same damage as mine (more actually). It's no fun getting the crap beaten out of you. D&D is for being the hero and generally being cooler/stronger than about 75% of the stuff you meet.

There are some DMs (actually a lot I've played with XP) who try to make every battle a challenge, but to me some battles need to be a walk in the park so you can just have fun being awesome. That goes double so right now because this is a tutorial battle. By the standard method of calculating challenge difficulty, 5-6 of these (at once) is an average fight for a group of level 2 characters. I'm contemplating adding a boss at the end though ^^p

hmmmm wonder if this is going to advance at all for the next few days... The forum seems to die every weekend, or at least hibernate anyway.
Saxire
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)
Input the current year: 2009

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Saxire »

You know im still gonna be here though xD
O.o boss after these dogs? qq ima draw my weapon next move ;)
Duhduhduh dum.
Tarquin
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Tarquin »

Draw weapon and stand ready?
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Jaegar »

oooh... ima need to know your AC XD

uh oh I gotta go. They circle and attack. one is on each side of you now but unless they got really lucky you're fine

[dice=20]
[dice=4]
[dice=20]
[dice=4]

need AC and hp...[rand=756499524455207202632186091287702617194416689839728067701634044209]
longshin
Level 21 (Yoyo)
Level 21 (Yoyo)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by longshin »

And so...they begun their quest...into a world of magic ...adventure and....huge horny ogres...

lots of...horny ogres.... BE BRAVE oh young warriors!...Victory awaits!

Edit: n_ n by the way guys, how can I join the adventure ?? n , n
Last edited by longshin on April 19th, 2008, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
No matter how sad or wonderful things look like...just remember...they will turn better... n _ n enjoy every second...
Thanks for the Signature Chillith X3!
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Jaegar »

lol XD sure. Just tell me (like you just did) then make a character. If you want me to make your character I can do that.

edit: [tutorial mode]
Just as in every other game ever made, spellcasters aren't meant to tank. Ideally, you strike before you're in the enemy's reach so you don't get hit and owned due to your relatively low defense and hp.[/tutorial mode]
Based on the character base I made for you and the fact that you've told me you're an elf I'm going to guess at your stats and say one hit you and it dealt 4 damage. The other one got reeeealy close.

oh yeah, it's Saxire's turn.
Last edited by Jaegar on April 19th, 2008, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
longshin
Level 21 (Yoyo)
Level 21 (Yoyo)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by longshin »

!!! oh noes ! that means i almost died?! wait I'm already in the story?! n0n?
No matter how sad or wonderful things look like...just remember...they will turn better... n _ n enjoy every second...
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Jaegar »

ummmmm no.

That was Tarquin. There'd be a much larger explanation if a new character was suddenly there XD
longshin
Level 21 (Yoyo)
Level 21 (Yoyo)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by longshin »

;'< dun die tarq!
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Jaegar »

So would you really like to play? If so are you going to make your own character or would you like me to do it?
longshin
Level 21 (Yoyo)
Level 21 (Yoyo)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by longshin »

Sure , sounds like a good laugh, n _ n , can I be some sort of elven thief, or like , half human - half tiger creature thief ? n _ n, is there some sort of list of races or job classes? im quite ignorant ; - ;

Edit:!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVmzqJ2IBJc

Aww man i didn't know D&D was that dangerous D:!!!! man i ll think it twice before joining! i dont wanna die and get my head used as a necklace
Last edited by longshin on April 20th, 2008, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Jaegar »

lol generally the goal isn't to kill players. I have more fun messing around and getting caught up in the story (see my ramblings in the count to infinity XD).

I can think of two races you might want to play that I can also fit into the game easily. You could play a half-elf or a feline beastfolk (I made this race!). If you wanna be a thief the best option by far is to play a rogue class.

My introduction to D&D is here
http://www.yoonhuh.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=130

A basic list of races and classes can be found here
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/races.htm

and here
http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/classes.htm
longshin
Level 21 (Yoyo)
Level 21 (Yoyo)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by longshin »

>D thats some sexy race..but i would make you too much trouble preparing the chars builds and stuffs, so i will just go for something that is fast and dodgy...

Wow this board game is so complex :'x gotta take a long time to play it ...we can sure have a good laugh , You think i could be an Elven Rogue? >;'3? and pickpocket Sax?
Saxire
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Saxire »

Why pickpocket me ._. .. bad shin D:

Anyways jae draw weapon i guess o.o
Duhduhduh dum.
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Jaegar »

@longshin: I made Tarq and Saxire's characters. It's really easy once you get used to it. Pickpocketing party members is bad (pay no attention to the catgirl). Besides, Saxire doesn't have anything worth picking yet XD

Anyway, back to the game.

You have time to shoot too... Remember the intro thingy? You have two actions per round, a move and a standard. Drawing weapons is a move and attack is standard.

Again, for the sake of keeping this from stalling like last game I'll go ahead and do that for you.

[dice=20]
[dice=6][dice=6]+1 (from point blank shot)

nice! You shoot one of them in the butt (you didn't wanna hit the random guy). It's severely wounded and is having problems moving.

[tutorialmode]At 0 hp a character is still able to act, but may only take a single action each round. Doing anything more strenuous than walking (eg. attacking or casting a spell) deals one point of damage to the character as soon as the action is completed. Generally this drops the character to -1 hp which causes them to go unconscious and start bleeding to death.[/tutorialmode]

*updates map on party page*

oh hey, it's my turn. hmmmm I added too many trees and bushes XP they're in my way. Oh well, let's try to get that other one so you're not flanked any more (really crappy position to be in btw)

[dice=20] ahh I wanna crit T.T (1 higher and I'd crit)
[dice=6][dice=6]

stupid bush gives a miss chance...
[dice=100] oh good I made it

cool ^_^ now it's Tarq's turn to beat the crap out of stuff (I hope). I'd suggest finishing the one I just shot because I didn't quite disable it. btw there are more in sight now. I was a bit rushed last time I described the hounds' actions, but in addition to those two attacking you the rest advanced. You can see 4 more.[rand=832913976360386887846067214247456142362390344241374467862248564]