The Swinnon Forest

Feeling adventurous? If so, give this well-known fantasy tabletop role-playing game a try!
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Input the current year: 1592

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Jaegar »

Yeah. We're still in the middle of that room with the game just sitting there. I don't know what any of the characters are doing next except Leena. They need to tell me what they're doing so the game can start again.
Tarquin
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Tarquin »

Sorry to ask, but what actions can I really do now?
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Jaegar »

lookit stuff. See if you can find anything interesting. Most notably loot or a way out. I guarantee we'll be out of here shortly after we finish searching (or look in this one specific place). The way out is very deviously hidden. As Leena puts it...

"We'll get out of here just as soon as we find everything"

ps: Angie, if you're paying attention, I have your character made so I'm ready when you are.
Last edited by Jaegar on June 7th, 2008, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Angie
Level 51 (Nine Tail)
Level 51 (Nine Tail)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Angie »

lol.. sure give it a try :P

i just poof in from thin air XD
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Jaegar »

lol yay quick response ^_^

The end of the room with the trapdoor becomes noticeably brighter, like someone lit a candle. There's a table in Tarq's way so he doesn't see any more (Leena's missing this entirely. It's all the wall's fault XD) but Nim can see that the trapdoor is slightly open and someone's on the other side.

BTW You may wanna figure out what your characters look like. It's a lot more fun introducing yourselves when you can give people a mental picture of your character.

Here's how I picture all of your characters
Nim: Gnome with short dark hair. He has a funny looking pistol on one hip and a baggy outfit composed of a shirt, vest, and pants. He has pockets everywhere.

Tarq's character: He's the quintessential mercenary. He wears simple clothes and has a sword at his side. He has a few pieces of armor such as a helm, buckler, and thick boots, but doesn't wear most of it because that would interfere with his spellcasting. If we see any of his hair it's probably in a short neat ponytail at the back of his helmet.

Angie's character: The image of Mint from Tales of Phantasia is stuck in my head.
Saxire
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)
Input the current year: 2009

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Saxire »

Me being curious,without callin you both go to see who is on the otherside xD
Duhduhduh dum.
Tarquin
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Tarquin »

Someones on the other side? *Goes to have a look*
Saxire
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Saxire »

Tard stop copyin me :-[
Duhduhduh dum.
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Jaegar »

Sorry for taking so long >.< I've been insanely busy.

You both walk back to the trapdoor. It's open just an inch or two and you can't really see inside. It wiggles slightly when you start moving toward it. You crouch down to look inside (and maybe open it) and catch a glimpse of light colored robes.

Almost at the same time as each other, you each grab one edge of the door and lift. At the top of the rope ladder you see a young woman. She's wearing the robes of a cleric of Pelor (OOC: That's the most common good deity btw) They're white with some golden yellow trim. On one shoulder is an embroidered sun emblem. In the hand that's grasping the ladder she holds a staff of light colored wood, the tip of which is glowing with a magical light.

Leena's poking around could be important in the near future and I'm typing anyway. I'll go ahead and describe the first couple of things she finds (really boring).

What looked like a sack on the map next to the door was actually just a cloak thrown over a pair of muddy boots. They're useless and you don't see anything else here.

The next sack is just as boring. It's just a thick burlap sack half full of raw grain. One corner has had a large nibble taken out of it by rodents and further searching reveals nothing else inside the bag.
Saxire
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Saxire »

Nim goes to poke leena and point her to the new arrival?:P

"Look look ,another normal sized person "xD - im jus kiddin,you can ignore if you want xD
Duhduhduh dum.
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Jaegar »

[dice=20]+5
[dice=20]+2

Hmmmm insanity averted... for now ^^p

"Ehh..?" !?! Leena stops as she's about to investigate something else and briskly walks over to the trapdoor while everyone else has a nice awkward silence. She starts to say something and abruptly stops and it turns into another awkward silence...

Finally, she says "Do you know why there's a hole in the road?"

For simplicity's sake, we'll fast-forward to the end of the conversation and summarize it.

Us: We were all going from the forest to town and fell in the road.

Angie: She was traveling with a large group from another city to the same place we're going and fell in the road.

"Ooooooookaaay then... let's continue getting out of here."

lol I feel like summarizing--I blame the hour and the caffeine. Our party consists of the following.

Catgirl rogue
Human cleric
Elf fighter/Sorcerer
Gnome comedian
Fiendish hound temporarily named "Fluffy" (btw I'm surprised nobody's questioned his presence)

I'll put the finishing touches on Angie's character and add her character thread asap[rand=15154616955586087988425660162077267167823585789888259947849914938]
Saxire
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Saxire »

[color=#CC3333]Jaegar[/color] wrote: Gnome comedian
Fiendish hound temporarily named "Fluffy" (btw I'm surprised nobody's questioned his presence)
Comedian? Im a bard :P

And what IS fluffy doin ?
Duhduhduh dum.
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Jaegar »

Bard, comedian same thing when you specialize in the comedy skill ^^p

Fluffy is sitting bred next to the door giving us an evil look. Let's throw in some more info on Fluffy because I feel like it.

Several creature types (Fiendish, Shadow, Celestial, etc.) are extraplanar beings based on ordinary creatures. Fiendish creatures are from the lower planes which are most commonly known collectively as "hell" although it includes many planes, primarily The 9 Hells, The Bleak Eternity, and The Infinite Layers of The Abyss. Fiendish animals are more intelligent than normal animals, somewhere between a clever animal and an extremely stupid human. They can't speak but they usually understand the language of their home plane--in this case Infernal or Abyssal (Angie has both of these btw). Evil creatures don't even get along with themselves so the demons and the devils have two separate languages. Angie's character knows all of this due to her extensive knowledge skills, Tarq knows most of it from magic school. Nim is his clueless amnesiac self, but he's probably heard us mention some of this in smalltalk.

The reason Leena's bringing Fluffy is that extraplanar creatures sell for a lot of money because they're useful to some people. In Fluffy's case he'd probably be used as a guard or attack dog, although someone crazy may keep him as a pet. That's less common info but Angie's character probably knows of it.
Tarquin
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Tarquin »

And how do we know Fluffy won't suddenly go crazy and attack us :o?
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Jaegar »

Leena keeps him muzzled and on a leash and it's relatively safe if he can't bite you. Evil creatures also respond well to intimidation. It's a shame Angie wasn't here to hear the first thing Leena said to Fluffy XD