The Swinnon Forest

Feeling adventurous? If so, give this well-known fantasy tabletop role-playing game a try!
Tarquin
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)
Input the current year: 1592

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Tarquin »

Are any of those items useful to me in particular?
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Jaegar »

Only if they're magic. The only thing that looks like it would be magical is the trinket, but you can't tell. It reminds you of something you read about or saw once, but you don't remember exactly what. (no, it's not magically adding memories or anything, you've just seen something similar before)

player me
I got stuff and everybody else is bored... *passes note to the DM* ^___^

DM me
*facepalm* >.<
Leena steps over to the door. She fiddles with the latch for a few seconds and the door swings open. I just realized why nobody asked about that sooner too. Finding the key is one of an infinite number of ways to get through a door (and I'm not even counting the ways to go around it, only through it XD). There was a key btw, it was just absurdly well hidden (someone looked in the right place and missed it).

Aaaaanyway. I'll skip straight to the (relatively) interesting part next (no more traps). Outside the door, you see a winding tunnel (nope, you're not aboveground XD). It's pretty much the same as what you've already seen. Nothing about it sticks out. If you wanna do something else here this is your last chance. I'll continue tomorrow or when everybody says they're ready to go.
Last edited by Jaegar on June 15th, 2008, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saxire
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)
Input the current year: 2009

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Saxire »

Ready to go DM sir!! xD

ok seriously weird mood
Duhduhduh dum.
Angie
Level 51 (Nine Tail)
Level 51 (Nine Tail)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Angie »

yea
ready to go i guess?
what can we do in a empty room anyways
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Jaegar »

Okay, we get to go now ^_^

We walk for about 60' before we see anything. It looks like someone started carving a pit into the floor, but it's only a few feet deep; it must not be finished yet (this was going to be a devious trap but I'm skipping to something interesting). About 40' after that you see something reeeealy weird. A section of the wall on the right side of the tunnel is finatly swirling and rippling like the surface of a moving stream...
Angie
Level 51 (Nine Tail)
Level 51 (Nine Tail)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Angie »

lets go investigate that wall ? there's probably a portal or something ?

was that a stupid post :P?
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Jaegar »

player post

Not at all. It's a very good post actually. The closest thing so far to a stupid post was someone who wasn't in the game suggesting that we keep a giant rat, and even that was amusing at least (Maybe of we fed him some more and sold him to a circus as Frankie the freakishly fat rat... XD) RPGs shouldn't be taken seriously because we're playing the game for fun anyway ^_^

Leena agrees with you and volunteers to check it because that's what rogues do, and here's something humorous to think of while I do that (I can't get it out of my head >.< lol...)

take 10 on one search then roll 2 more...
10+9 = 19
[dice=20]+9 = 29
[dice=20]+9 = critical success (not so dramatic on skills, but it can be useful)

O.O!!! Why did I go and waste those on such a simple check T.T rofl... At least it will do us some good because there actually was something to find.

*DM me gives player me the results* (which are unusually detailed thanks to my success)

It's a permanent illusion of a wall. On the other side there's a large wooden crate blocking my view and a little space to move on either side. I can tell that whatever's disturbing the illusion is to our left, but the crate's in the way so I can't see it. The room is protected by an alarm spell (which I can't disable). If we stay within a few feet of the wall we should be able to avoid triggering it.

"We should check it out. Should I go alone to investigate more or does anyone else want to go too?"

@ The DM: My plan is to sneak around the alarm (with that level of success I should be able to avoid it easily XD) and get a good look at whatever's in the room. Once I've seen all I can see without tripping the alarm, otherwise being found, going to another room or moving things I'll come back (unless everyone comes with me. In that case we'll decide what to do wherever we are)[rand=99927796641934237210374737856203680338506173584631883095464587574]
Last edited by Jaegar on June 17th, 2008, 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Angie
Level 51 (Nine Tail)
Level 51 (Nine Tail)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Angie »

lol @ that comic

"Leena can go alone and we wait. Unless everyone goes, then I will follow" :P

cause i don't think i have as much level of success xD
so im pretty sure it might go off?

epically since a demonic dog and a rat is following us ? lol xD
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Jaegar »

yeah... the dog could be difficult. I could probably point out where not to step really easily to the rest of you though.

Is someone seriously bringing that rat? O.o I didn't pick it back up
Angie
Level 51 (Nine Tail)
Level 51 (Nine Tail)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Angie »

o lol

well let the rest decide ::)
Saxire
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)
Input the current year: 2009

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Saxire »

I dont like rats..i object to any1 bringin it Q.Q

And let leena alone go xP only jae should get in trouble xD
Duhduhduh dum.
Tarquin
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Tarquin »

I dont mind keeping the rat. And Leena, you can go ahead, but if there is any problem, we will come I guess?
"Oh btw, I noticed something strange about that wall, it is not behaving like it should..." (in response to your pm).
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Jaegar »

"Oh really? I thought some walls were supposed to have planar vortices swirling on them" XD lol

OOC: Everybody got some extra info except Nim (ouch amnesia >.<). Angie is the only one who knows what's causing every effect on that wall. Leena knows planes so she knows what the planar swirls are and she just accepts the fact that it messes with illusions. Now that she mentioned that you know what's causing the illusion to be unstable (a planar effect is drawing energy away from it).

Okies, I go sneak around now. Gotta make some rolls

other spot
[dice=20]+?
my spot
[dice=20]+12 =
hehe... ooooooooooh *.* meh...
[dice=20]+9 =
[dice=20]+9 =
[dice=20]+9 =
hehehe ^_^
[dice=20]+?
!!! O.o
-.-

*is back after less than a minute*

"There are a bunch if boxes and piles of junk in there. Near the middle of the room there's a guy sitting asleep in a comfortable chair. I think he's a Gnome but he might be a Halfling, it's hard to tell. There's a door on one end that's covered by the alarm. There's an old ring gate (think Stargate, but with only on destination) that's making the wall act weird. I'd check it out but that's inside the alarm too. I also noticed a door high up on the wall, but that's in the alarm too T.T "

[rand=57951859240687553587323470214268157128480606354737478583461392]
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Jaegar »

"What's that supposed to mean? I can't figure out what those expressions on your faces are at all. Are you expecting me to come up with a plan all by myself..?

Okay, let's look at some options. First, we could ignore this, but I don't like ignoring profitable or amusing things *brief flashback to me poking a sleeping gnome*. This also may be the quickest and/or only way out.

We could try talking ot the guy in there, but I haven't had many good experiences talking to people sitting comfortably in trapped dungeons.

We could kill him in his sleep if we really wanted to (I think) but I'm not into murdering random people all the time. Maybe if we captured him instead...

ummmmm I'm out of workable ideas. Anyone else have some more?"

OOC: *coughcoughcastascrollcoughcough*
Tarquin
Level 56 (Geographer)
Level 56 (Geographer)

The Swinnon Forest

Post by Tarquin »

Why not wake him and ask who he is and what he is doing there? With being ready for any eventuality of course...