House Rules

Feeling adventurous? If so, give this well-known fantasy tabletop role-playing game a try!
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Input the current year: 1592

House Rules

Post by Jaegar »

Most groups have their own rules to add to the system. Here's the first one I think we need to make for ourselves. I've been thinking on how to fix the slow pace we've been having for combat, and I think I have a good solution.

I've been having you wait till your turn to post your actions. How about you post whatever you're doing ahead of time, then whenever we get to your turn it happens. Basically you just post your actions one round in advance. I'm also being lazy just waiting for posts instead of moving ahead. I figure if we use the post-in-advance guideline and add a time limit for how long you have after we reach your turn to take an action (after which you get skipped of something) we can keep this moving.

Any comments from current or future players? (please vote at least XD)
Saxire
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)
Input the current year: 2009

House Rules

Post by Saxire »

I dont understand how taht would work
Like how do i know what im gonna do without knowin what the enemy might do in between? @.@
Duhduhduh dum.
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

House Rules

Post by Jaegar »

You guess ^^p

Some game systems even force you to do that. You pick at the start of the round and if something makes your action impossible (eg, someone kills your target) then you just wasted a turn. I'd let you change your actions any time till your turn though.
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

House Rules

Post by Jaegar »

Okies I'll try to add DM updates every 18-36 hours and we can declare someone AFK in combat and skip them if it's been 24 hours since the last person took their turn. Sound good?

I have another idea to speed up combat. In normal games we wait till everyone has rolled initiative to start combat, but here it could take just as long to roll initiative as to go through a round of combat, and that's boring XP waiting for everyone to post before we even start combat?.

How about this--In the first round of combat you take your first turn when you roll initiative. After that we'll go by initiative order. I'd be at an unfair advantage (because I can make DM and player posts at the same time) so I won't go by this. I'll just throw in my actions (player or enemy) when it's appropriate.

The point is to avoid wasting time by waiting for everyone to post initiative before we even start combat. Sound good? That said, go act and roll initiative now XD