Riksnil Arglen (sample character)

Feeling adventurous? If so, give this well-known fantasy tabletop role-playing game a try!
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Input the current year: 1592

Riksnil Arglen (sample character)

Post by Jaegar »

Here's a sample character thread. I'm figuring this out as I go. If you format whatever you post like mine it should work out.

I've taken all the common things DMs have to ask for and put them in this thread itself and included a link to the character sheet. The "other skills" thing would vary with the character. Riksnil does a lot of sneaking so I put his sneaky skills there. Someone else may but their knowledge skills or their prepared spells maybe.

Also, you don't have to come up with a complex background it you don't want to. I just find it more fun ^^p. This is actually one of my simpler characters...

PDF Character Sheet Link

Armor Class: 20
5 dexterity + 5 armor

current/max hp
28/28

Attacks
Rapier: +6, 1d6+2
Thrown Daggers: +9, 1d4+1 or 2

Senses
Low Light Vision
Search: 7
Spot: 5
Listen: 6

Saves and resistances
Elven sleep immunity
Evasion
Fort: 3
Ref: 7
Will: 6

Languages:
Common
Elven
Draconic
Halfling

other common skills
hide: 12
move silently: 9
open lock: 9
disable device: 10
bluff: 10

Background
Riksnil is a wanderer by trade. If something looks interesting or profitable he'll take some time to cheat, steal, harass, or enjoy it as appropriate then be on his way. You might compare him to Miroku.

Riksnil lived as a street urchin for most of his childhood. He learned the usual skills of thievery and deception. One fateful day he met one of the rare clerics of Olidammara the god of thieves. Eventually he became a believer and cleric himself.

One little note on his hair. As an apprentice he attempted a spell that was beyond his ability. Rather than the usual random release of energy, Olidammara decided to have a little fun and used the spell energy to change Riksnil's hair color instead. Ever since it's been changing colors at random. After a few years it settled down a bit and only really changes every month or so. It's usually an odd shade of deep blue. Riksnil's theory is that Olidammara got tired of playing with it and only changes it when he's bored now.

OOC (out of character) notes: Riksnil was made to play in a single game, but I liked the character so much he just kept wandering around between games. He's avoided dying about 3 separate times by pure luck. His original constitution was 8 (ewww XP he got a magic item to increase it of course). Also note that I didn't use the point buy to get his abilities. They were rolled (and were pretty mediocre too). I don't even know why I made him a half elf. I don't like the race much. He's just a really fun character to play and he always gets lucky at the right time (he often deals more melee damage than whatever fighter he's with). He's always sneaking around, stealing stuff from NPCs (I looted a room in the middle of battle once XD), and running around with his rapier stabbing stuff in the back despite the fact that he specializes in ranged combat (can't flank with ranged weapons). like I said, really fun to play. "Oh look another critical hit from my rapier. So that's 2d6+4 from my weapon and my 2d6 sneak attack..." rofl
Last edited by Jaegar on March 1st, 2008, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.