Temporary Solution for Dice Rolls

Feeling adventurous? If so, give this well-known fantasy tabletop role-playing game a try!
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator
Input the current year: 1592

Temporary Solution for Dice Rolls

Post by Yoon »

With the switchover to phpBB3, some features that we had on ProBoards are missing, which includes dice rolls. Until that feature can be added, there are some temporary solutions for dice rolls that can be used in the meantime. Our new AJAX Chat/ShoutBox feature does have a '/roll' command, which generates a random number 1-6. The results are displayed on both ShoutBox and in 'Live Discussion'.

Another alternative solution is this website: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/

I heard about this from some of the posters on phpBB3 while looking for some info on phpBB3 dice roll development. Some said that this site could work as an alternative until a real dice roll command is developed for phpBB3.
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Input the current year: 1592

Re: Temporary Solution for Dice Rolls

Post by Jaegar »

I was afraid of that =/ Thanks for the link. That looks like a viable (if less convenient) alternative. The chatbox itself would work if we were playing something that used only d6s (lol BESM). Unfortunately we're playing d20 system >.<

? (1d20+12=19)

okies. That's self explanatory and formats the result nicely enough. We'll use that.

edit: lol, I went back and looked. Code boxes seem to work the way I wanted them to now ^^p There's an advantage.