Luxury Laptops for the Rich

Into the latest tech. gadgets and computer hardware? Discuss it in the zone.
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator
Input the current year: 1592

Luxury Laptops for the Rich

Post by Yoon »

HardOCP is reporting that a company called "ego" is marketing a "luxury" laptop for the rich: :roll:

http://www.ego-lifestyle.com/

Personally, I think they look like crap. They look more like purses/man bags than a laptop. :roll: Probably vastly overpriced too, considering it's marketed towards the "rich".

I also find it funny that there are no listed specs for the "laptops", except for the fact that they run Windows XP or Vista. I guess they assume that the rich have more money than brains. :p
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

Re: Luxury Laptops for the Rich

Post by Jaegar »

my how... shiny. In the comments for the article someone claims to have dug the specs out from somewhere (I couldn't find them either) and it's about what you'd expect.
All you get is that it's an AMD, with a 12.1" screen that does 1280x800, it has a Radeon XPRESS 200M, it has 1GB of memory, and an 80GB SATA drive.
lol... >.<
ascot
Level 46 (Deviruchi)
Level 46 (Deviruchi)

Post by ascot »

Well, I know nothing about how does a PC work, so I can't really say if it's a good one or a crappy one... However my artistic soul tells me that the design sucks so badly X.x" Like wtf, it's a handbag? And what's with the leather (or w/e it is) thing? OMG, I wouldn't like to have such notebook @.@
If my wish is to be granted, please bring me to you right now.
If life can be repeated, I'll go to you many times over
There's nothing else that I want,
Nothing else is more important than you.
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Yoon »

Jaegar wrote:my how... shiny. In the comments for the article someone claims to have dug the specs out from somewhere (I couldn't find them either) and it's about what you'd expect.
All you get is that it's an AMD, with a 12.1" screen that does 1280x800, it has a Radeon XPRESS 200M, it has 1GB of memory, and an 80GB SATA drive.
lol... >.<
Those specs are pitiful... pretty much the specs of a $300-400 laptop. >_<