Seven Transformation Pack for XP

Into the latest tech. gadgets and computer hardware? Discuss it in the zone.
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator
Input the current year: 1592

Seven Transformation Pack for XP

Post by Yoon »

Are you still using XP but like the look of the upcoming Windows 7 OS? No problem! Windows X, who has released his well-known "Vista Transformation Packs" in the past, has recently released the "Seven Transformation Pack" for XP users. With this pack, you can transform the look of your XP system to that of 7!

I've been thinking about Windows 7 transformation pack since pre-betas. However, I've been observing Windows 7 since pre-beta builds. I must admit that it didn't interest me that much for slightly UI changes and very few icons update. If I rush for first released packs, it'll be spammed with insignificant changes from real OS plus bloated stuff from prototype screenshots and become obsolete in no time. After waiting patiently for months, this moment is when it should exist.

Seven Transformation Pack Keynotes:

New 3rd-party applications
ViGlance - Windows 7's Superbar emulation

Improved 3rd-party applications
ViStart - build recompile in native mode increasing its performance with Windows 7 skin
TrueTransparency - Improved stability with version 1.0 plus SevenStyle's skin

Functionalities update
Automatic theme applying - Setup now applies themes automatically without user's interaction after restart
Multi-user Login UI support - Allowing to see user accounts in horizontal view with multiline support
Setup personization - Allowed ViSplore and WinFlip and support load/save configuration
Superbar tweaks - Get Superbar UI with registry tweaks

Source: http://www.windowsxlive.net/seven-trans ... ation-pack
Download Link: http://www.jcxp.net/forums/index.php?s= ... opic=34346

Just a heads up, this pack does modify XP system files to get the look of Seven, so if you're nervous about the transformation pack changing some system files, you may want to pass on 7TP.

Although the pack obviously won't give you the real performance benefits of Windows 7, you can at least pretend that your XP system is Windows 7 and fool others with it. :lol: