Help please.

If you are having issues with the forums, this is the place to be. All board announcements, information about board features, board issues, as well as confirmed member bans are discussed here.
ghalleon
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)
Input the current year: 1592

Help please.

Post by ghalleon »

Well, ever since I joined Yoon's Corner it doesn't look right for me when I log into my account. Here are some pics to show you what I mean.

First off, this is what it looks like before I log in. Image
Here is a pic of the same thing after I log in. Image

Here is a pic of a thread if I am not logged in. Image

And here is a pic of the same thread if I am logged on. Image

Anyone know why I can't see any of the pics or avatars when I am logged on? And is it probably the same reason I can not see the pics people posted unless they post it " Thumbnail for forums (1) " from imageshack? Because I still can't see a lot of pics people posted...
Last edited by ghalleon on January 10th, 2007, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator

Help please.

Post by Yoon »

That's an unusual problem. It looks like something is botched in the site-image loading process with your Internet browser. I have a couple of suggestions which may fix your problem:

1.) I see that you also have Norton Internet Security (from your system tray in the lower right corner). You might want to check the settings there as well and make sure if any "Anti-Phishing" feature is enabled or not. Some anti-phishing software (particularly Norton ::) ) think that Proboards forums are phishing sites, when it isn't at all. ::) Make sure that any proboards.com related URL isn't being blocked.

2.) Make sure the Content Advisor feature is not enabled. You can check for this by going to Control Panel -> Network and Internet Connections -> Internet Options. Click on the Content tab and you'll see the Content Advisor feature. If the "Enable" button is greyed out, it means it's been enabled. Select the Settings button and Disable the Content Advisor feature, if you can.

3.) If you haven't cleaned out your Internet History cache, you should probably try that. You can do this by going to Control Panel -> Network and Internet Connections -> Internet Options. In there, there are options to clear your Internet cache.

If these options don't work, you could try a different browser to get around the issue, but this really shouldn't have to be the case, since others have reported that YC works perfectly under IE 6/7, Firefox, Safari, and other Internet browsers. In any case, here are some options:

1.) Upgrade to Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 - This is a new version of Internet Explorer that was recently released by Microsoft. There have been many changes, such as a new GUI, tabbed-browsing (copied from Mozilla Firefox :P ), better security features, and more. It may or may not fix your current problem, but it is a worthwhile upgrade. You can grab it here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx?mg_ID=10010

2.) Use a different Internet browser, such as Mozilla Firefox 2 or Opera. - You can try a different browser, like the ever-popular Mozilla Firefox 2, which is considered to be much more secure than Internet Explorer 6/7. It only takes less than 5 minutes to setup and use. You can find it here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/ I highly recommend using Firefox over IE, since you are much less likely to pick up spam and spyware while browsing (much of these rogue software use the well-known security holes in Internet Explorer to install rogue software on your computer).
Last edited by Yoon on January 10th, 2007, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghalleon
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)

Help please.

Post by ghalleon »

I deleted norton a few hours ago, lol. It has been annoying me for a long time now so I finally got rid of it. And I am using the Mozilla firefox now to, it's cool, thanks. But I am still having the same problem. I can't find anything about anti-phishing software. The content advisor is not enabled. And I can't find out where to clear out my history cache.

EDIT: ok, I finally found out what was wrong, now I can finally see all of the screen shots and pics. I AM A COMPLETE IDIOT... ( please don't ask what the reason for me not seeing the the pic's and avatars ) If you do ask what was wrong I will tell you but I don't really want to show how stupid I really am. XD

ps. Thanks for the firefox link, it is really cool. So I guess some good came out of my stupidity. :P
Last edited by ghalleon on January 10th, 2007, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator

Help please.

Post by Yoon »

EDIT: ok, I finally found out what was wrong, now I can finally see all of the screen shots and pics. I AM A COMPLETE IDIOT... ( please don't ask what the reason for me not seeing the the pic's and avatars ) If you do ask what was wrong I will tell you but I don't really want to show how stupid I really am. XD
Glad you were able to solve the problem. :) I must admit though, since you said not to ask you what was wrong, I'm a bit curious. ;)

ps. Thanks for the firefox link, it is really cool. So I guess some good came out of my stupidity. :P
Glad you're liking it. :D Don't forget about the tabbed browsing features, as that's one definate highlights of Firefox. ;)
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

Help please.

Post by Jaegar »

yay ^_^ another firefox convert.

btw, I'm not the only one with green stars anymore hehe
ghalleon
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)

Help please.

Post by ghalleon »

lol, the problem was... Well, when I first joined Yoon's Corner I went into my profile, and set it up. And I really haven't gone back into it since then... Well, Under " Shoes avatar " I had " Yes "... but under " show images " I had " No "... and well, I changed that to yes instead of no and, tada... XD
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

Help please.

Post by Jaegar »

lol, XD don't you hate it when you mess with some settings and then forget they exist?
ghalleon
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)

Help please.

Post by ghalleon »

yea, I decided to look at the profile again since I could only not see the pics after I logged onto my account, and there it was... I don't know why I couldn't see avatars, apparently if even if you have " shows avatar " on yes, having " shows images " on no blocks the avatar as an image anyway.