Santa Claus' "Ho Ho Ho" Offensive to Women...?

Discuss interesting news and events that are currently happening somewhere in the world.
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator
Input the current year: 1592

Post by Yoon »

You know things are messed up in the world when even Santa Claus' classic laugh is considered offensive:

SYDNEY (AFP) - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.

"Gimme a break," said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.

"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the Telegraph.

"Leave Santa alone."

A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

Source: Yahoo News - Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women
Somehow, I don't think Santa's laugh was intended for pimping women; otherwise he would be known as "Santa Pimp". :P
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)

Post by Jaegar »

lol... we need some more padded cells. I dunno if they're for the nuts, or for me after they drive me insane though.

It doesn't even sound the same when said out loud. Two different words, like read and read. (the present tense and the past tense)
Ghost B3N
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)

Post by Ghost B3N »

rofl these things are always funny ...

in dutch we got something simular to santaclause on 5 december.
its called Sinterklaas. and its alsmost the same...
(we get presants 2 times XD)

but the funny thing is he has helplers that are called "zwarte piet"
or in english Black piet. and.. some ppl tought it woudl offend ppl with a dark skin collor XDDD

same story with a food. we have something called a "negerzoen" its a biscut with chocolat and some creamy stuff in it.
neger zoen = Negro Kiss XDD
again ppl said we should call it different cause it might offend pll
while its been that way for ages XD
ImageImage
iRO character:
LuckyRanger- archer- level 30 ish
Saxire
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)
Input the current year: 2009

Post by Saxire »

LOL,the santa claus thing,well i live in a country with no santa claus or anythin

but kids like santa,and its natural for him to say "ho ho ho" and what are children goin to know what that means ???

the people who think up such are only the perverts :P
Duhduhduh dum.
hunterarius
Level 16 (Spore)
Level 16 (Spore)

Post by hunterarius »

Crazy people these days