77 Yr Old Japanese Woman Beats Up Italian Soldiers

Discuss interesting news and events that are currently happening somewhere in the world.
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator
Input the current year: 1592

Post by Yoon »

According to an article by the Telegraph, a 77 year old Japanese woman is beating up soldiers in Italy, using advanced martial arts skills. :o Apparently, the Italian military hired her to train Italian grunts in hand-to-hand combat.

Martial arts expert Keiko Wakabayshi, nicknamed the "Samurai Granny", has been hired by the country's military to train recruits in hand-to-hand combat.

Miss Wakabayshi, who stands exactly 5ft tall, looks tiny compared to her charges who are mostly over 6ft.

But the pensioner is a trained master in an array of martial arts disciplines including jujitsu, jojitso, kenjitso, judo, kendo and karate.

She wipes the floor with soldiers of the Folgore brigade at their barracks in Livorno on a daily basis.
Link to the original Telegraph.co.uk article here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopi....ese-wom an.html

I guess this is one reason why you shouldn't underestimate someone based on their age or size. ;D
Last edited by Yoon on June 24th, 2008, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaegar
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Level 67 (Sleeper)
Input the current year: 1592

Post by Jaegar »

R-O-F-L XD I want videos. Ooh, the article has a pic. Videos would still be good

I've seen an instructor who's been practicing Tae Kwon Do for over 20 years spar. I know exactly where myths of flying martial artists come from because of it. His jump kicks look impossible. I'd love to see what someone with a list of martial arts that long and that many more years of practice can do.
Saxire
Level 63 (Seal)
Level 63 (Seal)
Input the current year: 2009

Post by Saxire »

LOL the 2nd picture looks FUNNY ;D
Duhduhduh dum.