The AOKP Team released their JB 4.2 Milestone 2 build for several Android devices today. It’s been a while since the AOKP Team has released their JellyBean 4.2 Milestone 1 build, so there have been quite a few changes made since then.
From their announcement post on the AOKP blog site:
We are happy to announce our Milestone 2 build at long last, compiling and uploading right now. We say ‘FINALLY’ because that’s exactly how we feel about it, too. With vacations, setbacks, summer, and maybe a hint of procrastination, it took us a bit longer than we’d planned. We hope you enjoy the new build, and are looking forward to 4.3 as much as we are!
Our nightly schedule will be restored with the milestone finished: please watch your AOKPush apps in the middle of the week or so.
AOKP is now on 44 devices!. We’re very proud of our maintainers for getting that number up there.
Since Milestone 1 we added:
– HTC One devices: AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Intl.
– Samsung Galaxy S4 devices: Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon
– Samsung Galaxy Note 2 devices: AT&T, T-Mobile, Intl.
– Sony Xperia devices: T, V, Z, ZL, Tablet Z (2 versions)
Major features (there are many, really, just dig into ROMControl):
– AOKP Ribbon
– Permission management
– Dark AOKP
– mGerrit – check our latest changes anytime
– Persistence support – keep DPI/hosts settings between wipes
– Quick Torch on Lockscreen
– HDR mode in AOSP Camera (does not work on every device)
– Few new Toggles – StayAwake, Custom, Sleep, Reboot, etc.
– Superuser from Koush
Builds will become available in the coming hours, check this post / AOKPush / our mirrors / your device page.
You can grab the JB 4.2 Milestone 2 build for your device from the AOKP site.