The infamous AOKP team has released their latest Jellybean 4.2.2 ROM build for Android phones, JB-MR1 Build 5! Build 5 adds the following new features:
- Traditional toggles instead of Tiles (optional)
- New Navigation Ring configuration menu
- S Pen support for Note IIs
- Quiet Hours toggle
Build 5 also introduces official support for these devices:
- i605 – Samsung Galaxy Note II (Verizon)
- l900 – Samsung Galaxy Note II (Sprint)
- i9300 – Samsung Galaxy S III (Intl.)
- p930 – LG Nitro HD (AT&T)
- su640 – LG Optimus LTE (SKT)
- vs920 – LG Spectrum (Verizon)
In addition, Build 5 also fixes several bugs, particularly a severe memory leak issue that has been plaguing past AOKB JB-MR builds.
More details here: [Release] JB-MR1 Build 5
I had the chance to run AOKB JB-MR1 Build 5 on my Galaxy Nexus for several days now, and I’d have to say that this is probably the best performing ROM that I have run on my Galaxy Nexus thus far! It’s quite packed with a lot of useful features and has been running extremely stable. The only bug I’ve encountered is that the Wi-FI & 3G/4G indicator in the status bar do not highlight in blue, but that’s a fairly minor issue that has no effect on usability of the phone.
If you have a device that is officially supported by AOKP, I would highly recommend flashing JB-MR1 Build 5. Remember to backup and wipe your system data before flashing!